cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaking WW Water Tank

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 23' WW leaking at the cross fill tube in my front fresh water tank. It is the tank with the water pump and level sending unit. It looks like I can get one from Warrior Lifestyles in Perris for $400. Has anyone replaced their own tank? It looks fairly accessible since I have no underbelly cover at the tank. I don't doubt my own mechanical skills but just want to know if there is special skills or tools I need to know about.
Any other shops that can do this work? SoCal RV doc is north of $1000 for this job, $6-900 for a tank, $360 for labor.
3 REPLIES 3

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Hey Steve - Sorry to hear about your leak. We had a leak on our WW fresh tank too. Luckily it was at the top corner of the tank, so it would only leak out if we filled it to the top and/or if the rig wasn't level enough.

I used Eternabond tape to patch it initially. This fix lasted about two years. Next, I had a slightly shady shop "fix" it. They dropped the tank and drilled a hole at the end of the crack to stop it from spreading, and then they welded it with lord-knows-what. That fix lasted less than a year.

And then as luck would have it, we bought a new trailer and sold the one with the leaky tank. I warned the buyer about the leak and told him what we had done about it. He didn't seem to bugged about it and told me it would mostly just be him camping, so he wouldn't fill the tank so full.

I'd ask the Warrior Lifestyles guy what is covered for $400. If they can really fix it that cheap, pay the $400 and buy some scratchers to celebrate your luck.

Hi, Dave. $400 is for the tank, I can't tell if that has the fittings or if it needs to be spun in. I am a cheap bass turd so if I can get the tank ready to go, I'll install it myself.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
I've pulled my fresh water tanks that leaked and had them spin welded and replaced both of fittings as well then, I had another leak took it back they fixed that one as well it's only $30 bucks . It takes about 45 minutes to pull the tanks. It'll take about 15 minutes to figure out what tools you'll need. It cost me $30 bucks to have the fitting spin welded. Don't try to halfass it with epoxy's I tried that too!

https://ronco-plastics.com/
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dedmiston
Hey Steve - Sorry to hear about your leak. We had a leak on our WW fresh tank too. Luckily it was at the top corner of the tank, so it would only leak out if we filled it to the top and/or if the rig wasn't level enough.

I used Eternabond tape to patch it initially. This fix lasted about two years. Next, I had a slightly shady shop "fix" it. They dropped the tank and drilled a hole at the end of the crack to stop it from spreading, and then they welded it with lord-knows-what. That fix lasted less than a year.

And then as luck would have it, we bought a new trailer and sold the one with the leaky tank. I warned the buyer about the leak and told him what we had done about it. He didn't seem to bugged about it and told me it would mostly just be him camping, so he wouldn't fill the tank so full.

I'd ask the Warrior Lifestyles guy what is covered for $400. If they can really fix it that cheap, pay the $400 and buy some scratchers to celebrate your luck.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230