cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2009 Sportsman 310RKS no water fill!

gman12
Explorer
Explorer
Help! I just bought a 2009 KZ Sportsman and there is no gravity fill on the unit but there is a water tank. I can't find any valves to switch either. I found the specs on the camper and it says it has a 40 gallon fresh water tank but it appears as if there is no way to fill it. Does anyone have any ideas? The guy I bought it from passed away so I can't call him for help.
7 REPLIES 7

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
The 09 brochure doesn't show any option that would indicate that there was something other than a gravity fill. I had an 09 KZ Spree that did include a gravity fill. Here is the 09 brochure if you are interested 09 Sportsman

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
You can contact KZ and ask them directly! Sometimes, the obvious things get forgotten!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You may have a winterizing hose. If so, you can draw water in from a container using the onboard pump.

To fill from the city water port, turn the valve on to the tank. If this works, you should find a pair of vent pipes under the trailer and they will expel water when full.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
You will either have a valve right near the city water connection or you may have a second hose connection that is plumbed to the FW holding tank only. It may not be near the city water connection and most likely would be near the holding tank.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have this kind of water hookup?

LINK

Can you access fresh water tank.......trace the lines from tank
S/B----vent line, overflow, tank drain,pump suction & a fill line
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

gman12
Explorer
Explorer
I have hooked up to the city connection but it doesn't fill the tank. There are no valves that I can find.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Hook up a hose to the fresh water inlet and see if it fills. There may or may not be a valve someplace you have to turn.