Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Haul Master

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone use this hitch?
https://www.harborfreight.com/10000-lb-capacity-weight-distributing-hitch-system-67649.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot+provided&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F

We tow a 2017 Cougar 32RES with a 2000 Excursion V10. We don't get much sway but we do get porpoising.
9 REPLIES 9

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
The HF is no better and probably no worse than any other WD hitch without additional "features".

"Porpoising" implies too much tongue wait. You might just need to re-adjust the tension on your spring bars for proper ride height. Air spring on the rear axle of your TV would help.

We do have air springs on the Excursion. Our new trailer, 2017 Cougar 32RES must have more weight at the rear with two slides. This is a different feel between towing the 2017 Cougar 31sqbwe (not that I am driving but I feel everything). Yet there isn't much difference in length and weight between the two trailers.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The HF is no better and probably no worse than any other WD hitch without additional "features".

"Porpoising" implies too much tongue wait. You might just need to re-adjust the tension on your spring bars for proper ride height. Air spring on the rear axle of your TV would help.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m running a Reese Dual Cam with 1200lb bars on my 9200lb loaded trailer. Iโ€™m towing with an 02 Excursion with the V10. I wouldnโ€™t think of using any other type of hitch.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
If you're changing it out, get one with integrated sway control. It's less hassle to hook up, and it works better. Husky Centerline TS, Reese Dual cam, etc. 1000# bars might not be heavy enough for that TT.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Bedlam
Mine from HF works great with a 20โ€™ enclosed trailer weighing about 8000 lbs. The parts are interchangeable with many round bar hitches from the popular manufacturers. Iโ€™ve had mine since 2013 and put about 7500 miles a year on the trailer and hitch.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
So you are NOT using any WDH currently?

noonenosthis1 wrote:
We have a WDH. I was thinking of changing it.

With the $$$$$ you have invested in a trailer the size of yours do yourself a favour and invest in a quality weight distribution system with integrated sway control - Blue Ox Sway Pro, Equal-i-zer, are just a couple worthy of consideration.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

noonenosthis1
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

9000# trailer.........any WDH is better then none

We have a WDH. I was thinking of changing it.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II

9000# trailer.........any WDH is better then none
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
I have used one in the past, but on a much smaller trailer (24', no slide). It seemed to work fine, but really needed more drop to level out the trailer just right. I have had really good luck finding used hitches online from people who only used them a time or two and then sold the trailer.