cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DP depreciation

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not that I worry about depreciation but me and my insurance company do keep up with what my 04 Dynasty is worth...I carry agreed value insurance. Currently the max I can insure it for is $70K making it hard but not impossible to replace if I had a total loss.

I bought this DP six months old for $250K (33% off MSRP)...much newer than if buying today as MHs with 4 slides were only recently invented back then. At 10 years it was worth $100K which is easy math...$15K/year depreciation.

Over the last 3 years it's down to ONLY $10K/year. I've never said this is a cheap sport but it is the nicest way to see the USA and Canada. We have averaged using this DP 100 to 180 days/year with the average probably 150. Easy math again...$100/day to use in the first 10 years and now "only" $66/day.

I would say my costs/day are better than most who bought fairly expensive DPs as I paid cash, did not pay too much for a mid price range Monaco DP and we use it it probably more than many. Today I would not buy anywhere as new...probably in the 6-8 years old but your depreciation cost/day is still close to $100 for a nice bigger DP unless you are FT.

If you have fairly accurate $ on your depreciation please share and please limit this to $ amounts and not that it will be your kids problem as you borrowed the $.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...
0 REPLIES 0