cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmasked 2019 Ram 1500

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
I can't really say I like it, but then again I don't like the looks of any of the new trucks besides the Raptor.

Reddit user leaks photo of unmasked 2019 Ram 1500
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS
26 REPLIES 26

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Here's the Ram product launch. Looks like the hemi power is the same but now has the E-Torque addition to support Start/Stop and add additional 130ft/lbs.

Bed was raised to improve aerodynamics.

Link

Link 2

Link 2 really good presentation.

What I don't like about Ram is the HD models are always a year behind for release.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's the Ram product launch. Looks like the hemi power is the same but now has the E-Torque addition to support Start/Stop and add additional 130ft/lbs.

Bed was raised to improve aerodynamics.

Link

Link 2
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's a good overview of the 2019 Ram.

Noteworthy:
12,750lb tow rating
2,300lb Payload

Link

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
probably make accessing the bed easy when hitched to a trailer.

OK, maybe one point.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
The split tailgate does make me worry about using it as a truck for sure. It would probably make accessing the bed easy when hitched to a trailer.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
A split tailgate is pointless imo.

Good looking truck, though. I always did say Ram really knows how to polish a turd.

blt2ski
Vern,
I'm used to.putting 2 3600 lb pallets of wall block in the. Back of an 8 lug pickup for 20 or less miles. Some times daily, pulling out pallet block by block. Or whole with a bobcat.
Even 8 luggers are not built like they used to be. I'll take the little diesel in my 2500! Do NOT need 400 ponies for what I do. Mostly hauling. The 175hp I do v8 in my navigator works fine for gvw/gcw's to 30k lbs. I also don't spend hours on the freeway either.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

VernDiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Marty

HDs they are not. But I don’t know my 6 1/2 foot bed quad cab fit a 2,208 pound regular size pallot of tile just fine. Fork lift operator wasn’t stupid enough to set it on the tailgate. I put my 200 pounds of tools & supplies boxes on the back cab floor and she took it up on the interstate and 30 miles home just fine. Naturally tires & air bags were properly inflated for the task.

Seems to me the 375,000 I have on my 1500 ED hadn’t shown it to be incapable of transporting TTs sometimes with a MC in the bed. I could not and did not buy it to tow ginormous 5ers or double decker car haulers but I don’t think that makes it a toy. Only the right size tool for the job.

Close friend name Marty has a stock original 108k 99 Chev 3500 7400 4L80e 4.10s. Nice truck I like it a lot and have used it for two long heavier tows. He can definately carry more in the bed. Towing the same 7.5k TT the lil 8 speed 3.92 diesel would walk him from a light to about 55. But at 65 plus his 290 HP leaves my 268 HP as the gearing advantage has played out. Otherwise their is the difference of 8.5 to 9 mpg towing that load vs 14.5 to 15. Call it a toy if you want I’ll keep my truck as the fuel cost comes out of my profits.

Vern

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/attachments/ram-1500-diesel-towing-hauling/54537d1507731111-max-bed-weight-img_2420.jpg
Transportr TT & boats RAM EconoDiesel Factory TBC, Tow mirrors, Hitch camera, Axle to frame air bags, Tune w turbo brake, Max tow 9,200 CGAR 7,800 CVWR 15,950 axle weights 3,340 steer 2,260 drive Truck pushed head gasket at 371k has original trans at 500k

blt2ski
I've bent up my share of single opening tailgates, not sure that dual one would last a day with a 1-2 man rockery rock in the bed! much less a pallet of concrete that weighs 2000-3600 lbs or so resting on it! oh wait, the new reg sized beds will not handle a 4'x4' pallet in them.......

Oh thats right, these twucks are not for work! only play toys! grrrrrrrrrrr.

marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Well, front clip looks a little better to me without the camo, but wth is with the "split" tailgate? That seems like the worst idea ever.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not real keen on it, at least yet. I plan on keeping my '13 until death do us part anyway so maybe not being crazy about it is a good thing. Reduces the temptation! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's a couple pictures of the ram with the new split tailgate.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
The mirrors look like the current gen mirrors as far as I can tell. Those are towing mirrors on that particular model. It does have 6 lug wheels which is an upgrade from 5 lug of the current gen. I wonder what other changes related to that are under the sheet metal. I do like that they moved the badging up to the hood. I think it has a reasonably aerodynamic look to it. It took me quite a while to warm up to the current gen Rams. This one has been easier. Sometimes, for me at least, that means that the look may become old fast.

Good catch on the lugs. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is on a half ton but more is better.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
The mirrors look like the current gen mirrors as far as I can tell. Those are towing mirrors on that particular model. It does have 6 lug wheels which is an upgrade from 5 lug of the current gen. I wonder what other changes related to that are under the sheet metal. I do like that they moved the badging up to the hood. I think it has a reasonably aerodynamic look to it. It took me quite a while to warm up to the current gen Rams. This one has been easier. Sometimes, for me at least, that means that the look may become old fast.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE