cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Some pics from Monument Valley and Arches NP

HawkTX
Explorer
Explorer
Took a little trip to Monument Valley and Arches National Park and Colorado back in September 2017 and was going thru pics and thought I would share a few of my favorites. I used a Canon EOS 80D for these shots. I did add a little filtering to raise the colors. If you ever get a chance you really need to check out this part of the U.S. It's incredible!

Arches National Park - Balance Rock

Mexican Hat

This one is actually on our way back thru Colorado with NO FILTERS! It was called the Blue Mesa Reservoir.
12 REPLIES 12

huachuca
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who've posted photos - really enjoyed them.

We were in southern Utah / northern Arizona for four weeks last May and will be returning again this year. What an incredible area for boondocking.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
While in the area a hike to House on Fire ruin in Mule Canyon on UT 95 West of Blanding is worth a stop as is Fallen Roof Ruin in Road Canyon on Cigarette Road off of UT 261.

Another stop (dry camping if interested) is Gooseneck State Park

House on Fire:

Fallen Roof Ruin:

Gooseneck State Park:

Jon,

Always enjoy your Images - Detail and Composition are second to none.

Thanks for Sharing,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
While in the area a hike to House on Fire ruin in Mule Canyon on UT 95 West of Blanding is worth a stop as is Fallen Roof Ruin in Road Canyon on Cigarette Road off of UT 261.

Another stop (dry camping if interested) is Gooseneck State Park

House on Fire:

Fallen Roof Ruin:

Gooseneck State Park:

HawkTX
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting those other pictures. Great shots! We may have to go back and check it out with the snow next time!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Ramp Digger wrote:
Thanks for the photos. Really nice area. Always wanted to go there when it's covered in snow.

We've done Zion Bryce and the North Rim in the Snow - All with Film so I don't have those images(Pictures) to share, the boxes full of those memories are stored deep in the attic.

BUT those Memories will never fade from my Minds Eye, as it's so hard to beat the contrast of the Snow on those Beautiful Rocks.

Yes, Winter is a great time to be in Utah.

JMHO,

On Edit found these on line;

Mexican Hat in the snow

Monument Valley in the Snow

North Rim
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the photos. Really nice area. Always wanted to go there when it's covered in snow.
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice pictures. Been there and its a beautiful place.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Gorgeous!
This is one of our must do trips someday.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
HawkTX wrote:
Took a little trip to Monument Valley and Arches National Park and Colorado back in September 2017 and was going thru pics and thought I would share a few of my favorites. I used a Canon EOS 80D for these shots. I did add a little filtering to raise the colors. If you ever get a chance you really need to check out this part of the U.S. It's incredible!

Arches National Park - Balance Rock

Mexican Hat

This one is actually on our way back thru Colorado with NO FILTERS! It was called the Blue Mesa Reservoir.

Few I had from past trips - little pocket travel camera;

Window Rock

Mexican Hat

Monument Valley;

Out the front Window;

No Camera can really do it justice - you need to be there.

Thanks for sharing,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, weโ€™re heading that way later this year. Canโ€™t wait.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

HawkTX
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
Is that balanced rock pic from Arches NP? I've got a pic of one similar. There were 2 balanced rocks, but one collapsed a few years back.
"Mexican Hat" is a classic.

Yes it is! I updated my original post. I've got so many pictures from that trip I got the locations confused. Arches NP was incredible as well.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Is that balanced rock pic from Arches NP? I've got a pic of one similar. There were 2 balanced rocks, but one collapsed a few years back.
"Mexican Hat" is a classic.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)