Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhagfo wrote:

Yep, Ford just created another diesel hater, hope you enjoy your 6.2, it is a good gas engine.

RAM has too... the emissions and fuel systems/injectors make customers so mad that the service manager always informs the customers that they need to pay the entire bill and they're typically a big bill at that.

I'm sure GM is no different.

* This post was edited 01/13/18 07:20pm by FishOnOne *

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Tough"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Today I am driving a beautiful Pearl White Lariat while the old one is still in the shop with all it's guts out!!! How do you spell relief?"

Well, it sure wouldn't be F-O-R-D. [emoticon]

A RAM owner recently dumped his ram because he couldn't trust it. Why weren't you bashing during that thread?

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

Sorry to all the Ford critics and haters the the OP was taken care of. Guess you will have to wait for something else.[emoticon]

Well said Bird Freak... You can predict the exact people.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

lenr wrote:

My 2012 Ford 6.7 diesel has been perfect after 83K mi. except for one free recall fix and one buzz noise fixed free under warranty. People with good trucks never post, do they. Amazing how many Ford haters one can round up with one post. OP should absolutely get a fuel sample and go back on the last station if there is a problem, and comprehensive insurance if not. Yes, this is very annoying and inconvenient--hope OP gets a fix with minimal hassle.

Mines been near perfect with 136k miles.

Not surprised Ford covered the repair under warranty, but not surprised of the Ford haters that showed up in numbers.

Having said that my cousin has replaced several fuel systems in Ram trucks from water contamination last year alone so fuel contamination is real problem.

OP,
I would take that repaired truck and drive it +300k miles with no sweat.

Since you are a Cummins expert please give a link to a failed RAM CP3 pump let's say on a 13 or newer.

Turbo Disel Register is where you should look. I don't want some idiots situation that thought they had to make more hp.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

rhagfo wrote:

Yep, Ford just created another diesel hater, hope you enjoy your 6.2, it is a good gas engine.

RAM has too... the emissions and fuel systems/injectors make customers so mad that the service manager always informs the customers that they need to pay the entire bill and they're typically a big bill at that.

I'm sure GM is no different.

As a frien of mine always says when I make a claim. "PROVE IT"

No BS from the Cummins Forum.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

"Today I am driving a beautiful Pearl White Lariat while the old one is still in the shop with all it's guts out!!! How do you spell relief?"

A RAM owner recently dumped his ram because he couldn't trust it. Why weren't you bashing during that thread?
Duh, it was a joke. Lighten up.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Greene728

Newnan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Duh, it was a joke. Lighten up.

I personally didn’t see any Ford haters myself, just folks posting facts about Fords dismal and well know record for not covering warranty claims on CP4 pumps and well wishes to the OP. The ones with bad comments were “former” Ford owners.

I’m glad they worked it out for him too!

2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
2017 Grand Design 303RLS
2015 Ram 3500 CC 4x4 6.7 Cummins
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 08:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Green,
I'm glad you popped in since it's obvious you new you were one of the people I was referring to. Good Job showing your colors.

Cummins,
Chill out it's nothing new for the guys who work on these trucks. Pour some DEF into your '15 truck and give us a full report. BTW... Warranty will be voided after a 30 minute inspection. It's really that simple.

If the OP truly didn't have rust or DEF crystals in his fuel system I knew it would have been covered by warranty. The procedure is not trivial.

* This post was last edited 01/13/18 09:42pm by FishOnOne *   View edit history

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Green,
I'm glad you popped in since it's obvious you new you were one of the people I was referring to. Good Job...

Cummins,
Chill out it's nothing new for the guys who work on these trucks. Pour some DEF into your '15 truck and give us a full report. BTW... Warranty will be voided after a 30 minute inspection. It's really that simple.

If the OP truly didn't have rust or DEF crystals in his fuel system I knew it would have been covered by warranty. The procedure is not trivial.

As I expected nothing to report.

Not saying RAM has not had some issues but the CP3 pump is NOT one of them.

Heck you know I have been a big Cummins fan for years but if I were in the market for a light duty pu the Cummins/Titan would not be in my driveway. Reason it has a CP4 pump. No thanks!!!

Flashman

Tucson, Aizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/18 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another Ford diesel failure. Seemed like a calm and logical discussion until it lite somebody's fuse.

I am sure Ford makes a good diesel look how many they sell. But they sure break down a lot. When someone talks about their Ford troubles it seems a certain member has to always attack another brand with vague references to problems.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 18  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS