Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, how did they handle swapping the old truck for the new? Glad you got a satisfactory resolution from Ford. The 6.2 is a great gas engine!!!

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

bstar1952

Bandera, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DanNJanice wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Greene728 wrote:

ib516 wrote:

That sucks. Hope they get you fixed up fast. Just be glad you have warranty. Can you imagine what that will cost the next guy to own that truck when/if it happens again? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If history repeats itself then warranty may not matter as Ford will claim contaminated fuel. I sure hope not, not with those miles. OP, I sincerely hope the dealer and Ford take care of you. Best of luck!

What REALLY sucks is if they deny then it's a claim against your auto policy!

I have never heard of auto insurance policies that cover breakdown/repairs. I have heard of auto policies that cover accidents, wrecks, trees falling, etc. But never one that covers mechanical failures. I assume they cost a LOT more than standard full coverage.

GEICO offers a Mechanical Breakdown rider for about $30 per 6 months period. It has a $250 deductable and is bumper-to-bumper. Car dealers always gripe with I refuse their extended warranty and explain GEICO's policy. I've had this insurance for the last 15 or so years. No problems the several times I've used it, once a new $1700 transmission - cost me $250.

Bstar1952
Bandera, Texas
2017 Ford F-150 XLT; 3.5 Ecoboost; Max Tow
2013 Jayco WhiteHawk 30DSRE
4-Point Equal-i-zer Hitch

Targa

Castle Rock, Co

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Excellent, glad it worked out for you.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

You got my curiosity up, So I went and looked.
NEW TRUCK

By the time you add sales tax, license, (in Smohomish County). dealer prep. extend warrantee, you are pushing 70k out the door.

only to blow up in under 10k miles.

Sales tax would be $5411.

Could be true, my experience in shopping around was the Ford diesels were about 10 grand more than a comparable equipped Cummins

NEW DODGE

I got my Big Horn Cummins for about 5 grand less than the link you posted, if that makes any difference. More options on my model too.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Litch wrote:

I recently bought a 2018 Chevy Duramax and it went into limp mode with 800 miles on it. Bad injector and glow plug on #7 cylinder. Still not running right, keeps stalling but check engine light doesn’t come on. 1500 miles on it and I am afraid to take it on a road trip, Time will tell I guess.

Two words if they do no fix it right this time: Lemon Law

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lenr wrote:

My 2012 Ford 6.7 diesel has been perfect after 83K mi. except for one free recall fix and one buzz noise fixed free under warranty. People with good trucks never post, do they. Amazing how many Ford haters one can round up with one post. OP should absolutely get a fuel sample and go back on the last station if there is a problem, and comprehensive insurance if not. Yes, this is very annoying and inconvenient--hope OP gets a fix with minimal hassle.

Mines been near perfect with 136k miles.

Not surprised Ford covered the repair under warranty, but not surprised of the Ford haters that showed up in numbers.

Having said that my cousin has replaced several fuel systems in Ram trucks from water contamination last year alone so fuel contamination is real problem.

OP,
I would take that repaired truck and drive it +300k miles with no sweat.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Tough"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bstar1952 wrote:

DanNJanice wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Greene728 wrote:

ib516 wrote:

That sucks. Hope they get you fixed up fast. Just be glad you have warranty. Can you imagine what that will cost the next guy to own that truck when/if it happens again? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If history repeats itself then warranty may not matter as Ford will claim contaminated fuel. I sure hope not, not with those miles. OP, I sincerely hope the dealer and Ford take care of you. Best of luck!

What REALLY sucks is if they deny then it's a claim against your auto policy!

I have never heard of auto insurance policies that cover breakdown/repairs. I have heard of auto policies that cover accidents, wrecks, trees falling, etc. But never one that covers mechanical failures. I assume they cost a LOT more than standard full coverage.

GEICO offers a Mechanical Breakdown rider for about $30 per 6 months period. It has a $250 deductable and is bumper-to-bumper. Car dealers always gripe with I refuse their extended warranty and explain GEICO's policy. I've had this insurance for the last 15 or so years. No problems the several times I've used it, once a new $1700 transmission - cost me $250.
I have the Geico MBI as well. It was 16.00 for 6 months when I got my 2011 Duramax. The Ford Powerstrokes were being charged 251.00!!
Insurance companies are VERY good at pricing risk. There obviously is a large disparity in Geicos idea of the risk of having to pay a claim between the Fords and GMs.

Dog

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, Ford just created another diesel hater, hope you enjoy your 6.2, it is a good gas engine.

Russ & Paula
The Beagles Hedwig (Passed), Precious, and Belle.
2001 Dodge 2500 4X4, 5.9 Cummins, NV4500, 3.55's, Pacbrake PRXB, DS Power Puck,Bilstein 5100's, 303,000 miles.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GCVW 19,500#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Today I am driving a beautiful Pearl White Lariat while the old one is still in the shop with all it's guts out!!! How do you spell relief?"

Well, it sure wouldn't be F-O-R-D. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bird Freak

Calhoun, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/13/18 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to all the Ford critics and haters that the OP was taken care of. Guess you will have to wait for something else.[emoticon]

* This post was edited 01/14/18 04:19pm by Bird Freak *

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Well, today it happened!! ~Updated~
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS