cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m a tweener!

Silverback98042
Explorer
Explorer
I’m no longer a newbie, asking newbie questions. (There’s nothing wrong with newbies and their questions, we all started somewhere.) I’m also not comfortable enough in my experience to dive in and answer questions, because I expect someone more experienced to do that. I expect that I’m not alone.
2013 Ford Superduty F250 Powerstroke CC 4X4 Platinum
2013 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 280 RKS
10 REPLIES 10

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Remember that the posts on this board are the opinions of the poster. Their comments are based on their experiences, interpretation of data and the comments of others.

For example one person's "white knuckle" ride might be another's annoying wind buffets or road conditions.

Anyone who tows, experiences situations unique to their rig and personality. Passing that information on can be helpful to others.

Post away be safe while towing.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
OP, being new can also have advantages. You are looking at rv'n from a new perspective. You may find a solution to a problem or make an observation that the rest of us have overlooked just because that's the way we've always done it. Don't be shy, jump right on in. We're glad to have you!

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
I find that I try to make sure I own the basis from which my answer/input comes. There are plenty of threads where I don't say anything, as I know I have no value to add. That said, there are plenty of other topics where I will preface my statement by saying, 'Others know a lot more about this piece of what you are asking, but on this other aspect of your questions, I would suggest...'

I have no problem sharing my insights with people - that's why they are asking. I do, however, try to 'stay in my lane' and don't give people info I'm not confident about.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are different types of questions and different types of answers. Sometimes, you'll see an OP that asks what is a basic question, but the responses get bogged down in so much technical stuff that it completely misses answering the question.

So, even though you may not feel like an "expert" like others here, your answer may be the one the person is actually looking for.

And many questions are just asking for opinions. The more variety of people who answer, the better the person can find a solution that works for them.

I read a lot of threads here and have learned a ton. But I've also learned that many other posters RV completely different than I do and therefore their responses aren't "useful" for my situation. There are certain posters who RV similar to me and even though they may not be as "expert" as others, I know their suggestions will better work for me.

So jump in and answer what you want to answer. You never know who you might help.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
mat60 wrote:
Well.. I no some stuff and would like to help when I can but I also may need some help at times.. I feel its best to not say a lot and learn what I can here.I don't no if its just because its winter but it seems some are in a bad mood.

Funny, mentioning about reading to learn, rather than writing. There is a senior member on here that has 25,000 + posts, but has learned very little. He is often confused, gives wild crazy answers, tries to be the first to answer a question he knows nothing about. He has been too busy typing to learn anything.:R

Usually after the Holidays, the grumpy old men get more grumpy. The good news...Spring is right after Winter! 😉

Jerry

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Well.. I no some stuff and would like to help when I can but I also may need some help at times.. I feel its best to not say a lot and learn what I can here.I don't no if its just because its winter but it seems some are in a bad mood.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Don’t be lonely! You’ll learn by responding.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Silverback! I just looked at your profile and saw your quote from John Wooden.

You would never know this, but John Wooden is my 3rd cousin. My Grandmother and him were first cousins. Their fathers were "Wooden" (brothers). My dad would have been a second cousin to him, that makes me a 3rd cousin to him. I met him only once in my life, 1965 (I was 10 years old).

I have the original photo of this. I scanned it about 20 years ago when I digitized a bunch of old photos from my grandparents collection.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Go ahead "dive in", that's what the forum is for, lots of opinions on many issues, not everyone has the right answer. Many are also just parroting what others have said. I think most try to give honest answers. If I answer an opinion type question, I'll usually say IMO. You occasionally see some really crazy answers from new, senior, and tweener members.

Jerry

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know what it takes to be a "teacher?"

Do you think you have to go to a higher education school and get some 16 letter extension after your name to be a "teacher?" Do you think you have to travel the world, have tons of experience, sat under under the footstool of some of the world finest, learned educators this planet ever put forth? Do you think you have to have the wisdom of the ages, a sage with words of articulation and charisma that just dripping with knowledge and experience? Answer? No, you do not. In order to be a "teacher" you only have to be 1 (one) step ahead of the person you are teaching. That's all.

Don't cut yourself short. You have experiences, and maybe some of the things you've encountered are actually more efficient, less costly, or simply simpler to do. You have something a brand new newby does not have .... you have gone one step further than they have.

Don't be shy. Share your experiences and knowledge. Even some of us "seasoned" folks can still learn something new too, you know!