cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

forum search help

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
im looking for a post (from me) that would have been Dec 2016 or Jan 2017 about the weight distribution hitch I bought. Cant get my archives to search. anyone that digs this up for me gets bonus points.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
11 REPLIES 11

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Is the forum going to continue hiding anything over 365 days pulsar?

I'm sorry for such a late response - it's very hectic around here.

I have no inside information. I can say that the forum is not intentionally hiding the posts. The archiving system is broken. Will it be fixed? I don't know, but when is the last time that anything has been fixed?

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I think Mortimer is the winner, and I'd love to see how he did that. I can't get google to do it, and apparently posts older than 1 year are invisible.

I Googled: rv.net jebby14 weight distribution hitch
I think of it as a file system. The site Iโ€™m looking is rv.net. On that site are jebby14โ€™s posts. Within jebby14โ€™s posts I want โ€œweight distribution hitch.โ€ The order you list them in is usually important.
Hope that helps.

Google recognizes site: formally and limits the search to only that domain so Iโ€™d still put it there. Maybe itโ€™s smart enough to figure that out anyway.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
I Googled: rv.net jebby14 weight distribution hitch.
Thanks. I just used hitch. Perhaps the post was there but maybe on page 12. Dunno.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I think Mortimer is the winner, and I'd love to see how he did that. I can't get google to do it, and apparently posts older than 1 year are invisible.

I Googled: rv.net jebby14 weight distribution hitch
I think of it as a file system. The site Iโ€™m looking is rv.net. On that site are jebby14โ€™s posts. Within jebby14โ€™s posts I want โ€œweight distribution hitch.โ€ The order you list them in is usually important.
Hope that helps.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Is the forum going to continue hiding anything over 365 days pulsar?

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
With the information provided, it's tough to do an efficient Google search. With additional information taken from Mortimer Brewster's link, I did a search for

site&#58rv.net Jebby14 "Pro Series"

and the post was at top of the result pages.

For a discussion of the "archive gap" see here and here

Note: quoting or copying this post will change the site&#58rv.net to site:rv.net.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
much thanks!
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Pro Series RB2 Weight Distributing Hitch
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use Google to search instead, like this:

โ€œjebby14 hitch site: rv.netโ€

(Without the space after the : )

A lot of times the results are the goofy printable type. To fix the link for normal viewing, remove the โ€œ/print/true.cfmโ€ from the end.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
this, ,but not sure that's it

I wonder if the archives over a year old are still being hidden...