cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about buying Gulf Stream Conquest Motorhome

dano555
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! We're thinking about buying a Gulf Stream Conquest 6237 motorhome on a chevy chasis. It's about a 24 footer. Road test went well. We're planning on using it for frequent short outings of a week or less. Just wondering if anyone has had experiences with the quality of these since Gulf Stream started up motorhome manufacturing again in 2015. Thanks for any insights! Dan
5 REPLIES 5

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Rented 29 ft Gulfstream Yellowstone in 2009 from ABC .. who I like very much.. as a Fisherman Special. A 2005 in last year of service. Well over 100,000 with front end weorn out. Had dinette cushions with innersprings that were shot. Dinette was bracketed with only screws which were pulled out and that's not much for 100,000 Alaska miles.
Good floorplan, well equipped, trimmed up way better then our Jayco Escapade.
Yellowstone seemed more desirable of the two in those years and models.
I forget any construction details. Can try to look up but can't right now.
Fiberglass Front cAp, Roof and Rear Cap are Best.Our coach has none. All formed from side skin material. Doesn't have front window.. a Do Not Buy if you can avoid it.. and Front cAp has still been twice the problems of Roof. Front Clearance Lights were major leakers. Rear Cap no problems.
Overall I think the Gulfstream will meet a reasonable set of buyer expectations. All new ones come with bugs to be worked out. Can be time consuming and frustrating. Some buy late model used not so much to save money, but in the hopes the original owner has crawled through that swamp and used coach will have more first year up time than a new one
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Zilchie
Explorer
Explorer
Bumping this post as I am also considering a Conquest. I am considering the 6237 and the 6256 with bunk beds.I think the bunk bed model might limit the resale value but it would be really good for my current needs as it would allow me to take along my kids' friends.

Any further input on Conquests, i.e. build quality, reliability, warranty issue?

dano555
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your thoughts. Appreciate! Any thoughts from Gulf Stream owners about quality of the Gulf Streams and/or warranty assistance?

Thanks, Dan

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, the 24 foot length is much easier to get around in......especially if you frequently travel to public parks & lands that generally do not consider the largest of motor homes in their infrastructure. Our rig is 4" shy of 24 feet and did quite well when we left our Liberty home on one trip out west.

Towing has it's consequences, but we tow anyway. That one trip we left the Liberty home was a mistake. We should have brought it along.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen plenty of them around. We have a Chev. Cobra 21' that we use for weekend outings and more. Has the 350 engine, easy to maneuver, lots of fun with the short rigs. Welcome and if you buy it enjoy!
Brian