cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remodeling travel trailer

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of changing the bedroom in our 1999 Prowler travel trailer. I am changing the E/W full bed to two N/S twins. One bed is a little short but so is my lovely wife. It is going well. I installed some bead board wainscoting today. I was amazed at how straight, square and level this trailer is built. On an 8 foot wall it was within 1/8 inch.
I have been a carpenter for a long time and I haven't seen many residential or commercial buildings built this well.
We will be painting, adding custom mattresses, new vinyl plank flooring, curtains and custom home built curtain rods.
There is a combo dining/easy chair we are going to get rebuilt and get re-uppolstered.
I am keeping up on all of the maintenance and doing the updating each year, we like the front kitchen layout and it will be our last RV.
Last year we did solar, updated some kitchen items and changed all the inside and outside lighting to LEDS.
It us cold here in Boise and I have the trailer in a storage yard with no power. I am using the house furnace to get it up to 65* when I get there in the morning and it runs off and on all day. The solar panels are keeping the 2 6 volt batteries at nearly full charge all day รฌ am impressed with that.

Jesseannie
10 REPLIES 10

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
jesseannie wrote:
I know Barney but every other forum I belong to all I do is go to my gallery on my devise and double click on the picture and it's done.
I will WORK at it and see if I can make pic's happen.
Jesseannie

I have never seen any forum work that way. If you double click on a picture in your computer, all it should normally do is open the picture on your computer - not upload it to the forum. Every forum I am a member of, or have been a member of, required some form of a photo hosting site.

The one we have was developed by one of our own moderators to simplify the posting of pictures. All that needs to be done is upload your picture to our site, then paste the resulting URL into your posts.

Could not be much more simple to do than that! ๐Ÿ™‚ You don't even have to worry about the size of the photo as the software will re-size it to our forum recommendations.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't the E/W and N/S bed thing get confusing when you park facing a different direction? :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I know Barney but every other forum I belong to all I do is go to my gallery on my devise and double click on the picture and it's done.
I will WORK at it and see if I can make pic's happen.
Jesseannie

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
looking forward to pics

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
jesseannie wrote:

Snip...

I hate posting pics on this forum but when I am done I will try.

Jesseannie

It is very simple to put pictures into your post on these forums or to many other sites on the internet. To post photos do the following.

1. Upload your photo, one at a time, to this site.

2. Copy the resulting URL.

3. Paste the URL directly into your post with NO modifications. Do not add or subtract anything from the URL.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on these forums. Do the same for each additional photo.

You just Upload, copy, and paste.
If you would like to practice doing that, just go to this thread that I started in the DIY forum to try out the app.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
Agreed!

Between the batteries, solar, and vinyl plank flooring- I start to wonder about the camper's gross weight. But it sounds fantastic. ๐Ÿ™‚

I sure did not think this post would bring out the weight police.
Solar added 30 pounds. The batteries are standard deep cycle Interstates.
I have plenty of capacity.

I hate posting pics on this forum but when I am done I will try.

Jesseannie

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Weight is always something to consider. Good point.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed!

Between the batteries, solar, and vinyl plank flooring- I start to wonder about the camper's gross weight. But it sounds fantastic. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œThe solar panels are keeping the 2 6 volt batteries at nearly full charge all day รฌ am impressed with that.โ€

In Boise...December and January? Thatโ€™s great!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We need pics!