Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Shopping for Monaco
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Shopping for Monaco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DSDP Don

Moorpark, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Billy, something like the Kettleman air ride system may help. I've never dealt with softening the ride of a truck while towing a fifth wheel. I have no experience to offer.

What I will say....with a longer motor home, in the 34' minimum range, your wife can get up and move around. An hour in the passenger seat, get up, move around, stretch, and then maybe an hour on the sofa or even in a recliner. Last weekend, we transported two of the grandkids home from a trip. My wife sat in the main cabin with them. In our coach, the recliner can be partially extended while underway.

The Class A passenger seats are usually more pillow like and recline. I have a terrible back and find that I'm most comfortable in my motor home seat.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
Cummins 450ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab

billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very good advice. Tnx allot

HPYHILM

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

The Monaco Knight has a 4 bag system instead of the 8 bag system. people that have had BOTH, did not like the ride of the 4 bag system. The reason they traded. You need to drive a 8 bag and the 4 bag and see if the ride is worth the cheaper cost of the Knight. Doug

The older Knight had the 4 bag , the newer Knights 2005 and up have the 8 bag suspension. The 8 bag Knight is the equivalent to the Holiday Ambasador. The poorer quality Monacos that people refer to where built in the later model 2008 and 2009.You should find a pretty good deal on 05 Knight.

Hpyhilm
NW Washington
2008 Monaco Knight 38PDQ

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Shopping for Monaco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS