Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Lance Travel Trailers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Lance Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At this point, I would never consider a flat roofed trailer no matter who built it. I had a flat roofed one, now I have an arched one. No question which is better. When it's set up perfectly level, all water will run off. The flat roofed one had to be tilted just a little to get water off it.

TurnThePage wrote:

Lance does make a nice trailer, but they are flat on top, which can result in pooling water. If the roof isn't sealed well, that can be an expensive problem, and has been reported on this forum more than once. I would still consider them though.

Oliver Travel Trailers should be on your list if you want something that's going to last. Spendy though.

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would NEVER buy a flat roof trailer, a leak ready to happen.

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AAV8R wrote:

Yeah thanks Ron. Bigfoot does make trailers too. They look nice. My issue would be that we don’t have a dealer here in North TX. We have a Lance dealer tho.

Call Princess Craft Rv in Round Rock, Texas.
800 338 7123

2016 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2014 Montana High Country 305RL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

AAV8R

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That’s a bummer about the Lance roofs. We plan on keeping it under covered parking and if you did any caulking on your own would that void the warranty?

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What would void the warranty would be to NOT do any caulking, even after just 6 months in some cases. Whatever trailer you pick, be vigilant and proactive. It's a bummer that manufacturers have this MO, but it's not that bad if you're on top of any potential issues. It can be initially pretty daunting, but once you understand what you need to keep eye on and how to get ahead of the game, it's really pretty easy. THEN you can finally go and have fun with your new RV! [emoticon]

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

AAV8R

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks I appreciate it. The wife seems set on the Lance and I like them too....just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I’ll keep everyone posted on what we choose. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Looking forward to getting started on a new adventure!

snowedin

Poverty Flats, MT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contrary to some of the posts stating that the Lance campers have flat roofs, the newer ones now have a slightly arched roof. I have a 2016 model 1985 which does have the flat roof (damned) and agreed that a flat roof is not desirable. Some of the newer Lance models also have an upgraded frame and those can be identified as having the Square Tube Bumpers rather than the flimsy bumper that will not even support a bicycle carrier. Overall I have been satisfied with my Lance camper, really like the Torsion Axle Suspension, large water & holding tanks, full queen sized bed. Have had zero problems with the camper.

AAV8R

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got a 2018 1685. Couldn’t be happier! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Kansas Farm Girl

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/18 11:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had our Lance 1885 since May. We had looked at many different trailers and decided the Lance was the one for us. I hope you are as happy with yours as we have been with ours. We toured the factory while on vacation in CA last fall. It was very interesting.

AAV8R

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah we’ve spent the last 2 years looking on and off. Finally settled on the Lance. Glad you’re enjoying yours. We pick ours up on the 23rd. Never towed anything before so I’m a bit nervous!??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Lance Travel Trailers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS