cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance Travel Trailers

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the smaller Lance TTs now. We like the layout of the 1685. Does Lance have a decent reputation? We were checking out Airstreams but trying to go a bit cheaper.
Thanks for any advice. Also if anyone has any other small trailers they’d like to recommend I’m all ears. ?? I have a 2013 Tundra with the tow package 4.6 liter V8. Supposedly has a 8600# tow capacity. Thanks.
43 REPLIES 43

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah thanks KFG I have a good WDH with anti sway. I didn’t feel any sway at all....I think what I was feeling was an unloaded (empty tanks and rig) doing a little bouncing. I think she’s so excited to be in the road she’s leaping for joy!

Kansas_Farm_Gir
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! You will love it. Did you get the weight distribution hitch? I don't think we ever have bouncing with the wdh. I don't know a lot about hitches but everyone I know says you really need one of these. When we were in California we did bounce around on those wonderful roads, but otherwise, no problems. And sometimes it does take a while to get backed into the spot, it just takes practice, for me it would be LOTS of practice. As the LW of our team, I don't do much of the driving, and less of the backing, but I have tried it, and it isn't easy for me.

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Brought her home today! What a great feeling. Truck towed with no problems, except for some bounciness. Is that normal? Then there’s the backing into the storage space. I think I’d call it about a 100-point turn.

I’ll be back with questions I’m sure. Stay tuned.....

What size are the lug nuts on the Lance? Looking in the owners manual but can’t find it. Thanks.

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Will do thanks!

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
AAV8R, be sure to join the Lance Owners Association (online forums). Lots of great info on maintenance and modifications.
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

Kansas_Farm_Gir
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, and if you haven't heard, Lance was just purchased by REV Group this past week.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180112005618/en/REV-Group-Acquires-Lance-Camper
Here's hoping they maintain the high quality Lance is known for.

Kansas_Farm_Gir
Explorer
Explorer
Some Lance units have fully decked roofs so you can walk on it to be able to reach all the places you need to caulk, others do not have that type of roof. You will need to check the specs on yours to see whether you can walk on it.

As to the exposed screws, those are along the rail and do not seem to be a problem. We found on our old trailer that the channels with the bubbled out vinyl cover (not sure what to call that) tends to come out of the channel over time. And the heat seemed to cause problems for that stuff. It was a bigger PITB than these exposed screws.

Ours did come with the solar panel. We had never thought about having one before but since it was there, we got it. I am so glad we do have it now that we have boon-docked for several more days at a time than we ever did before.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great place for Eternabond. 🙂
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
Frank, where was that pic taken? It doesn't look like a finished product. Exposed screws along the roof...

The photo was taken in the Lance Transfer Lot. It's a finished product. Those exposed screws are used throughout the trailer.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
AAV8R wrote:
Sweet thanks Frank! I climbed up on the roof yesterday and saw it was crowned. Hallelujah! I don’t plan on solar for now.....

A piece of advice, get the 160 watt solar panel now, that way it's under warranty, etc. - you'll like it, guaranteed!
2014 F-250

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Frank, where was that pic taken? It doesn't look like a finished product. Exposed screws along the roof...
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet thanks Frank! I climbed up on the roof yesterday and saw it was crowned. Hallelujah! I don’t plan on solar for now.....

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
AAV8R wrote:
That’s a bummer about the Lance roofs. We plan on keeping it under covered parking and if you did any caulking on your own would that void the warranty?

The roof has a mfg 12 year warranty. If you drill into it, to do a solar install, or if you mess with adding anything - you'll void the 12 year. Caulking and regular maintenance will not void the warranty!
2014 F-250

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Lance roofs aren't flat!

2014 F-250