Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: BIG10 One Team Trending UP, One Trending Down.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> BIG10 One Team Trending UP, One Trending Down.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And believe it of not, I am NOT discussing OSU, but I am discussing Nebraska and Michigan. First I'll discuss Nebraska. I vividly remember when Nebraska was a National Powerhouse and competed for National Championships. Well, the fantastic news is, they hired Scott Frost and his entire staff from UCF and Mr. Frost took a 0 & 12 team and in two years turned that team into a 13 & 0 team and his UCF team just beat Auburn, the same Auburn that beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl. Now Michigan, in 2018 they are heading down, because they have to play Notre Dame, MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, OSU, & Nebraska, therefore, I'm predicting a 6 & 6 season. Last year I predicted on the freep.com that they would be 8 & 4 in 2017 and their reg. season was 8 & 4. I predicted they would lose to MSU, OSU, PSU, & Wisky and they lost those games! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just wanted ALL the Mich. fans here to know that I was rooting like crazy for the Michigan Wolverices to beat the South Carolina Gamecocks, because that would have made the BIG10 8 & 0 in this years Bowl Games!

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags, you know I'm a Buckeye fanboy. I certainly want the Bucks to win their games, but I want them to win because they played a better game, rather than bad calls, weak competition, etc.

The OSU/Michigan game needs to be competitive to be relevant to anything. Back in the day, it was a great game because regardless of win/loss records up to that point in the season, The Game™ was not decided until the final gun. This has not been the case for most of the last two decades, to the detriment of The Game™. I very much want Michigan to improve to where their annual contest with the Buckeyes is for all the marbles, and the winner can't be predicted until the final gun. I, too, was rooting for the Wolverines against SC, and deeply saddened by their meltdown after going up 19-3.

It has been said by wiser men than I that you can't BE the best unless you play the best. Having a weak Michigan does not in any way help the Buckeyes' case for being a good team, let alone a great one. Having that game be a war every year is very good for the winner's chances in the playoff as well as the final national standing. Go Blue! Go Bucks!

Besides, as a fan, blowouts are boring.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 03:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist, what you said is exactly how I feel, but only the Michigan Wolverines can improve their performance on the football field. My comments about them trending down was spot on and that is depressing because I'll be 69 in 2 months and remember well those battles between OSU & UM. However, right now I consider PSU & Wisconsin as bigger threats and many times MSU. However, after OSU got throttled by Iowa, they took out their anger and frustrations on a decent MSU team. Lets face it, Penn State is back and they are recruiting extremely well and are difficult to beat at home, State College, Pa. "Happy Valley!" Especially with over 100,000 rabid PSU fans doing the white out! I had big expectations for coach Jim Harbaugh, but he simply isn't getting the job done. For me the best hire of 2017 was Nebraska hiring Scott Frost! Agree? Bags.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dunno about Nebraska's hire of Scott Frost. The proof is always in the pudding. We'll know if that is enough to bring Nebraska back to its former glory in 2 or 3 years. He certainly did a good job at UCF, and I wish him well at Nebraska.

I am not sure why Michigan seems to be having such a hard time. They would seem to have everything needed to be a great team. They've been recruiting well for years, both before and after Harbaugh arrived. Somehow it's just not showing up on the field come gametime.

I would love nothing more than having both Nebraska and Michigan "back."

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist, do not be surprised to see Joe Burrow OSU QB transfer to Nebraska. Burrow was the #2 QB last year behind J.T. Barrett, that is till he broke his hand. Burrow's dad is the DC at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio and is a very good friend of Scott Frost! And to make it simple, there are three super QBs at OSU, Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow (Former Mr. Ohio/Football), and Tate Martell who never lost a game at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, Nevada and was the QB for a National Championship H.S. team. Kind of like (3) gunslingers in Columbus and there is only room for two. Just keep an eye on this in the Spring of 2018! Just saying, Bags....BTW, both Haskins and Burrow are superior passers!

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bagman, one thing you can say, that the Big 10 supplied the ref crew Monday night!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/18 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know and a lot of folks thought they did a terrible job!

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/18 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

I know and a lot of folks thought they did a terrible job!

What were the complaints?

Obviously the Big 110 didn't want a SEC team to win national championship so they gave it to Alabama.

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/18 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was the worst officiated game I can remember. There were bad calls both ways but Bama seemed to get the better of it. I'm saying this as a Bama grad and lifetime fan.

I talked to a cousin of mine who retired as an SEC official and does instant replay now. He agreed that he couldn't believe the missed calls. It's like the officials were afraid of being too influential, which happens a lot in big college and pro games.

This guy has the job I want. All expenses paid five day trip to San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Just had to watch tv and judge replays. Is envy a sin?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> BIG10 One Team Trending UP, One Trending Down.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS