Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Watch Out For Georgia - College Football!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Watch Out For Georgia - College Football!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The University of Georgia is going to be the college POWERHOUSE of the future and that just may begin Monday evening. Here are the reasons why: #1. Georgia is a hot bed of super talented H.S. football players. #2. Currently Georgia has the #1 2018 football recruiting class and I do NOT expect that to change and their current recruiting class my just just be the best of all time! #3. The Head Coach Kirby Smart was a Nick Saban assistant and he is building a wall around Georgia, thus keeping the the very best football talent to stay home and play for Georgia and that hasn't always been the case! Mark my words, Georgia is the team of the future, along with Clemson! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bags, the word here in Athens is that Eason may leave and go to Miami with Richt. As much as we liked Richt and Eason it is clear the coach/QB combination we have in Smart and Fromm is what we needed. The attitude around town has changed and we all are expecting to see a win. We hope so ,but the loss to Auburn showed us and the team that being too confident can hurt you - it did.
I know that 'Bama is and has been the team to beat for several years. If 'Bama plays us like they did Clemson ("would someone please move the homecomeing queen off the field, she is eating the grass") we will have a full night's work. Thanks from the Dawg Nation for your kind words.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/18 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fromm appears to be a great QB, but the Dawgs have a huge hole to fill in the backfield with the departure of Sony Michel and Nick Chubb. Blessed are the NFL teams that draft them.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/18 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Horsedoc, it is never my intention to sugarcoat my opinions, but simply say it like I see it! Even my OSU Buckeyes have been successful recruiting down in Georgia, but in the current recruiting class, I don't think we have one Georgia commit! An important part of building a great college football team is to have local talent to choose from and then build that wall! The to (5) states for High School football talent are: Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, and Ohio. Oddly enough, the state of Alabama does NOT qualify as a top 5 H.S. football state, but they do recruit on a National basis. From 2011 to 2017, Alabama has had the #1 Recruiting class in America. Not this year, this year as of right now Georgia is #1, Ohio State is #2, Texas #3, and I think Penn State #4, #5 Alabama, #6 Miami, #7 Oklahoma, #8 Notre Dame, #9 Clemson, & #10 USC. Went back and looked at OSU's football commits for 2018 and none from Georgia, which is highly unusual! Bags.

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nick Saban is not trying to always win the #1 recruiting title, based on the opinions of the "experts". Although it usually works out that way, that is not his focus. He is, instead, focused on recruiting, based on needs. If that means they are not in their usual #1 recruiting position, it's not a problem. History shows that he does know what he is doing. RTR

* This post was edited 01/08/18 11:08am by mikestock *

Bama bluejay

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/18 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ROLL TIDE !!!!!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 11:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a great college National Championship football game! I saw approx. 20 min. of the 1st. half and all of the 2nd. half. The change of QBs at halftime is what won the game for Alabama and the Georgia team was running out of gas and being worn down in the 2nd. half. I was super impressed with Tua F. the 2nd. string QB, who will definitely be #1 in the spring! Alabama has so many true freshman players that play like 3rd. or 4th. year players, that Alabama will be the preseason #1 team and I wouldn't be surprised if they win all their games next year and win another National Championship! They're loaded with talent down there in Tuscalossa, Alabama. And they should as Nick Saban has recruited the #1 recruiting class from 2011 thru. 2017. That is (7) straight years of recruiting the best class in America. It is a dynasty down there in Tuscalossa! Bags.

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/18 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disappointed in the outcome but not surprised. The only way to beat Alabama is to build an insurmountable lead in the first half.

Not impressed with Big 10 officiating

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Charlie, it seemed to me that in the 2nd. half, the tackling by the Georgia Def. players was not very good! I'm not what you would call an Alabama football fan, but they might be even better next year! I looked at the team stats on ESPN and Alabama had the better numbers. But, now we can look ahead to the 2018 football season! I had a Facebook friend who was a former classmate & teammate of mine and he moved to Tennessee and became the most obnoxious Alabama fan, even worse than me as a OSU fan, so it got to the point that I couldn't take it anymore, so I unfriended him. But here on RV.NET, I simply "Block" those than annoy me and little do they know that I have no idea what they write! YF, Chuck.

NanciL

Bakersville, NC,/Key Largo FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/09/18 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bama bluejay wrote:

ROLL TIDE !!!!!

Ditto
I have a grandson who is on a full academic ride at Alabama, so needless to say he is happy today along with us.

Jack L

Jack & Nanci

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Watch Out For Georgia - College Football!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS