Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think tonight I'm going to DVR the game and if it is a good game, then in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, I can watch it in about an hour and a half! Bags.

* This post was edited 01/08/18 10:57am by bagman *

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I, as a Bama grad (1965) will, for the first time, be watching the game on tv. I'm getting too old for the hassle, and Trump's attendance, along with the bad weather has made me to decide not to travel the 150 miles to Atlanta.

I agree that there needs to be a solution that allows 8 teams to be involved. There is plenty of time between the final season games and

Both Alabama and Georgia did lose to Auburn, as they are always tough on their home field. Georgia and CFU both proved that they are not so tough on a neutral field. Alabama was badly crippled by injured defensive players missing that game or playing injured. They still are. That's all part of the game and I don't know why Bama is still a 3-1/2 point favorite.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bagman, your first two games you mentioned Oregon State (PAC 12) and Rutgers (Large 10) are bottom feeders of both leagues. And be careful what you wish for wanting to get away from your northern border neighbor, "Meechigan". You would like to see your eastern border neighbor PSU take their place. Often PSU's schedule is inflated by seasons end. They are still for the most part using Joe Paterno's school of scheduling. Bring in as many cupcakes as possible, give them a big check for showing up, but oh yes, thanks for the win. Next year PSU brings in Appalachia State and Kent State. They prefer those Ohio small schools as believe this season it was the Akron Zips.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike, if Alabama wins tonight, they will be 1st. in America, but 3rd. in the SEC! Think about that! The power rankings of the SEC at the end of the SEC Championship was #1 Georgia, #2 Auburn, & #3 Alabama. Bags.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob, I agree that PSU likes to play small schools, but App. State destroyed Toledo 38 - 0 in the bowl game in Dec.2017, but you are correct about them wanting to schedule MAC teams. About 12 years ago they scheduled my alma mater the U. of Toledo to come to Happy Valley and when the game was over Happy Valley wasn't so happy! Penn State is definitely trending up and recruiting at a very high level and I personally consider them a much more serious threat than Michigan. And I see Michigan trending down, but time will tell if I'm correct! As long as Urban Meyer is the H.C. at OSU, they will be a top 10 team nationally. Bgas....Rutgers hired a new coach two years ago and if he can keep the football talent in New Jersey and playing for Rutgers, then Rutgers will be very good again! There are a lot of Blue Chip football players coming out of N.J. every year!

accsys

Green Cove Springs, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/18 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags, I really hope Meyer works out for OSU but I am skeptical. Once Tim Tebow and Dan Mullen left Florida, our offense went downhill rapidly - I still believe one of the reasons Meyer left (though he blamed it on health) - the draft classes declined and he could see the writing on the wall.

On your other post about scheduling FCS teams in the SEC, the main reason they do that is all about the money. The schools want seven home games out of the 12 played and scheduling a FCS team without a home and home requirement and paying them a million dollars (the whole years athletic budget for many of them) allows the school to have a five million dollar gate and gain four million in revenue. All teams schedule a couple of weak teams, some of them are at the bottom of the FBS conference they are in and some are FCS schools and some of these FCS schools could and do beat a good many FBS schools.

John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2007 Tiffin Phaeton QDH 40 w/Cat 7 350
2004 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Toad
Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Air Force One toad braking system
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

Mike, if Alabama wins tonight, they will be 1st. in America, but 3rd. in the SEC! Think about that! The power rankings of the SEC at the end of the SEC Championship was #1 Georgia, #2 Auburn, & #3 Alabama. Bags.

Only thing is, the season didn't end there.

Where does that put UCF, LSU and Clemson, who all beat Auburn. If Auburn could play all home games they would probably be undefeated.

Auburn had 3 wins and 2 losses when playing as visitors and 0 wins and 2 losses when on a neutral fields.

* This post was edited 01/08/18 01:52pm by mikestock *

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/18 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

No. I never watch football.
X-2, will be watching Hockey.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like hockey ball too. Used to play it on the streets when I was a kid.

Saw a frozen pond once when I was about 12. Broke through up to about two feet of water. Got a whoopin' after my brother told on me.

* This post was edited 01/08/18 02:02pm by mikestock *

FLgator01

Dover

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/18 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't watch football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, ......you get the point. I'll watch American Pickers. Now if my alma mater, UF was playing I might watch.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Will You Be Watching The Nat'l Championship Mon?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS