Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Marcus and pot
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Marcus and pot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to me the only people who are seriously investing in anti-marijuana legalization are the ones who benefit by it being illegal. Just like bootleggers hated to see prohibition end. Like they say: "Follow the money".

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Noel

Southern Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/18 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M have the right approach. MEDICAL with CBD... does not have much (or any) of the THC....found in RECREATIONAL spliff.

I am in favor of banning THC for anyone under 21....as their brains are not yet developed.

We give our 15 y/o dog CBD for her bad knee, bad hip and arthritis. Works fine.

Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

RedRollingRoadblock

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well with the Keebler Elf coming out and saying he is on the warpath of no pot, who knows what will happen.

d3500ram

colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Well. Colorado reports a major drop in crimes. Drug overdose and a bunch of other issues since they made Pot legal.

Please state your sources. If you ask business owners along the 16th Street (outdoor) Mall in Denver or residences and business in Durango for example they will tell just the opposite. There have been increases in homeless and indigent transients into the state since legalization. And recent reports have shown an increase in pot related vehicular accidents.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reports from Colorado State Police. Insurance companies and hospitals.

I do believe you are likley right on vehicle accidents though.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

imgoin4it

Alamogordo, NM USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/18 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fs in Colorado springs say when recreation pot became legal the homeless shelters filled up and beggars on the street corners increased. One thing we noticed about it was that the street corners are all young people and as we drove around we noticed that they changed out frequently. They seemed to be out in numbers and sometimes you could recognize the people that had been on the corner the previous time we went through that intersection would be standing back and different ones close to traffic. Noticeable absence of the older kind of raggedly dressed usually seen at the corners. I saw absolutely nothing that would make me believe there was any good in makeing pot legal.

Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

imgoin4it wrote:

Fs in Colorado springs say when recreation pot became legal the homeless shelters filled up and beggars on the street corners increased. One thing we noticed about it was that the street corners are all young people and as we drove around we noticed that they changed out frequently. They seemed to be out in numbers and sometimes you could recognize the people that had been on the corner the previous time we went through that intersection would be standing back and different ones close to traffic. Noticeable absence of the older kind of raggedly dressed usually seen at the corners. I saw absolutely nothing that would make me believe there was any good in makeing pot legal.
Ah "Out of sight, and out of mind" eh?

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/06/18 04:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It might as well be taxed, the number of people using it would stun most people that don't.
Poll numbers are all over the place but most report that more than 50% support legalization. Like everything else, follow the money.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule ever did.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've always felt that marijuana caused much fewer problems than alcohol. I've never seen a bar fight caused by an overindulgence in marijuana. Most people don't smoke and drive, most likely caused by the fact they can't remember where they parked their car. [emoticon] However obesity could be an issue, brought on by the "munchies".

At least marijuana isn't physically addictive which cannot be said of opioids, which doctors can legally prescribe for any number of reasons, some necessary and some not so much, and get people into serious usage problems.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

It might as well be taxed, the number of people using it would stun most people that don't.

Used to be a Federal Tax on MJ.. It was repealed back in the 70-s and replaced with an "Illegal" as I recall.

As I have said before. I still straddle the fence on this issue, Facts I can post. opinions .. I omit.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Marcus and pot
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS