cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What kind of animal is most likely to kill you?

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of these surprised me but it's based on hospital data and accident reports.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
18 REPLIES 18

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Up North I would say a Moose.

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
I think one our chihuahua will probably get one of us, she really likes the taste of human blood. She's great at cleaning wounds and with me she gets a lot of practice.

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks - I was picturing some sort of "cow catcher" designed for deer.

But regular comprehensive or collision does not cover colliding with a deer??
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
In the mountain states, deer and elk are the big ones likely to get you. They hang out on the side of the road, waiting for cars to dart in front of.

Deer riders are extra insurance that you carry for when you hit a deer and the vehicle is totalled.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
The question is misleading.

If you live where they live, I'd say Lions and Tigers are more likely to kill you. And Black Mambas.

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
... My daughter lives in the UP. They carry deer riders up there because it's not a matter of if you will hit a deer but when. ...

What is a deer rider?
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps the most surprising statistic is that if you live in the United States, itโ€™s not snakes or bears you need to worry about, but the humble deer.

To anyone living in the upper mid-west this is not a surprise. Hitting deer is very common and pretty much everyone knows someone, usually more than one person who hit a deer. My daughter lives in the UP. They carry deer riders up there because it's not a matter of if you will hit a deer but when.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
my vote is for man,you just never know what there gonna do. A moose in the road is second.

whatimmadoboutm
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
Interesting, but don't worry about the animals. You are more likely to be seriously injured or killed while traveling on the road in a vehicle.

Animals are precisely what I worry the most about when I'm on the road. Moose and Elk are very hard to see at night, and will do a number on a vehicle moving at highway speed.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I guy I new was heading home from work and hit a moose. The moose landed inside the car and kicked him till he was dead..Moose have long legs so they go over the hood when you hit them..Anyway Ill go with moose
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
a) a robbot

b) a driverless self stearing auto

c) a coyote

d) an electric eel

e) tick lime disease carrier

f) malaria mosquito

๐Ÿ˜›
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
nineoaks2004 wrote:
A Mad Drunk Woman is #1 on my list ๐Ÿ™‚

True, they make mosquitos look like butterflys. :E

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
A Mad Drunk Woman is #1 on my list ๐Ÿ™‚
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Virus and bacteria are not classed as animals so I guess they do not count.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat