Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Forum Technical Support: Down for Maintenance.....NOT.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Down for Maintenance.....NOT.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been getting the "down for maintenance" message when trying to connect for about 5 days now.
Clearing the cookies did not help. (That was suggested by the "help desk".)
Then while poking around I remembered that there was an occasional problem for folks not using a secure connection (https: ).....and sure enough, that was my problem.

So, the complaint IS:

If this has been a known problem for a LONG time now, why does the failure message that is returned NOT mention that as something the end user should check ??

And it seems like in the past when that happened....the site refusing non-secure connections....something was done at the server end to "fix" it. Is that not going to be done anymore ??
If not, it is even more important to give back a useful failure message......or some people might just give up and never come back.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/05/18 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Admins.
Are you reading this ??
Do you care ???

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

2oldman

Palm Springs

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Few glitches ever get fixed. This is by far the buggiest site on the entire world wide web.

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/18 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Few glitches ever get fixed. This is by far the buggiest site on the entire world wide web.

One doesn't have to be a "programmer" to find a text error message and EDIT IT so that it doesn't LIE to the users.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BUMP. Still no reply.

If y'all think I will eventually just give up and go away......you are wrong.

Sam Spade wrote:

Been getting the "down for maintenance" message when trying to connect for about 5 days now.
Then while poking around I remembered that there was an occasional problem for folks not using a secure connection (https: ).....and sure enough, that was my problem.

So, the complaint IS:

If this has been a known problem for a LONG time now, why does the failure message that is returned NOT mention that as something the end user should check ??

And it seems like in the past when that happened....the site refusing non-secure connections....something was done at the server end to "fix" it. Is that not going to be done anymore ??
If not, it is even more important to give back a useful failure message......or some people might just give up and never come back.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/18 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam Spade wrote:

BUMP. Still no reply.

If y'all think I will eventually just give up and go away......you are wrong.

Sam Spade wrote:

So, the complaint IS:

Well, which one is it?

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/18 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Well, which one is it?

Both.

One is a long time user complaining about something that isn't working right and not getting a hint of an answer.

The other is a new user trying to get connected.

I would think that the maintenance "team" would be concerned about both. Apparently not.

'07 Damon Outlaw 3611

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Technical Support

> Down for Maintenance.....NOT.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Technical Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS