Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 01:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

George, Michigan is Ohio State's biggest rival and the only reason why I rooted for them in the Outback Bowl was if they won, the BIG10 would have been 8 & 0 in bowl games this year. I've never been a Notre Dame fan since I was a kid. I too am very impressed with Georgia's running game. What a dynamic duo of RBs they have. I got over OSU not being in the playoffs, once I knew they were going to play USC and if we were to beat them, then OSU would finish at least 4th. in the final rankings. Ohio State will lose approx. (12) players to the NFL this spring, but they will be good again next year! Last night I fell asleep 1/2 way through Oklahoma/Georgia and I DVR'd the Alabama/Clemson game, which I watch when I find time. Although we have friends in Dothan, Alabama, I'll be rooting for Georgia to take it all! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

georgelesley wrote:

Maybe just my opinion, but I watched many of the bowl games. It seemed to me that many were sparsely attended. Even the Outback bowl was maybe 1/2 full.

Bowl saturation. Used to be what, 4 or 6 games on New Year's Eve/Day, and national titles were decided. This year, 41 bowls, most of them not worth a look. The bowls have gone from determining champions to economic opportunities for host cities, the schools that are invited to play, and fill hours of programming primarily for ESPN. In my 48 years in Central Florida, Orlando used to host 1 bowl, now it's three and the New Year's day game, which used to be fairly high on the food chain isn't so much anymore, and this year quite honestly, the decidedly 'Un-Florida' weather didn't help any of the games played New Year's Day. Rumor is we'll be out of the freezer by next Sunday............

AlabamaTraveler

hueytown al usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

I don't see any moaning and groaning over here. Just folks expressing their humble opinions. So is their something wrong with that?

I see people complaining that its all SEC. I see people calling this just another SEC title game. I see people saying that Alabama did not belong in the playoffs. Some people have even said that the Buckeyes were better. Now you may not call this moaning and groaning, but in my "humble opinion" that is exactly what it is. Every team had the same opportunity to get to the playoffs. It was settled on the field. This is not another SEC title game. This is the game to get our new National Champion. If you want your team in the playoff next year, call your coach and tell him to do a better job next year. RTR!!!

Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EASY FOLKS..... it's a game, a game! View it for what it is, entertainment! Definitely not worth getting into an argument.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting Column From The Toledo Blade

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/18 12:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom, thank-you for posting up the article from the Toledo Blade about the current state of Michigan Football & Jim Harbaugh. Personally I go online and read the sports page of the Detroit Free Press and the Michigan fans are about ready to make Jim Harbaugh walk the plank. They still have memories of the glory days when they would win BIG10 Championships and beat my Buckeyes on a regular basis! However, it is very difficult to stay on top and in my humble opinion, the best hire this year was when Nebraska hired Scott Frost from UCF. In (3) seasons, Frost took UCF from 0 & 12 to 12 & 0! With respect to my personal feelings, I'm quite pleased how OSU finished the 2017 football season. We beat a top ranked Penn State, USC, MSU, our rival Mich. & Wisconsin and our 2018 recruiting class is ranked #2 in America, thus more Blue Chip talent coming to Columbus and our coach Urban Meyer is a top tier college football coach and this old bagman is very much looking forward to the 2018 college football season, because I think it will be very entertaining! And I always appreciate your contributions here! Best, Chuck.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/18 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For all the hype that came with Harbaugh, one would think Michigan was getting the Second Coming....... Of Knute Rockne. The stats in the Blade article suggest otherwise.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 04:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harbaugh is 0 & 3 against Urban Meyer and if he loses the next 2 -3 games against Meyer, he is gone! That game at the end of November is a critical game for both schools and right now since 2001, OSU is 15 & 2 against Michigan or as us Buckeyes call them "TTUN," That Team Up North! Bags.

TooManyTents

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

georgelesley wrote:

Maybe just my opinion, but I watched many of the bowl games. It seemed to me that many were sparsely attended. Even the Outback bowl was maybe 1/2 full.

Bowl saturation........

I do like bowl games. It seemed like half the games had a 6-6 team playing a 7-5 team in some bowl name I've never heard of. With 40+ bowls and a limited number of people with the spare time and money to attend, it's no wonder most of the games looked like there were more players than audience. Bowl saturation is right.

Most disappointing to me was that most of the games were not even close games. I'm glad I didn't pay big bucks to travel to a bowl to see one team show up to play. The OU/Georgia game was certainly entertaining. I have no real interest in either team, but it was a good game. The fans got their money's worth.

Dave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS