Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 01:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave, I also wanted Oklahoma to win and was on cloud 9 when UCF won, but I woke up at 2:00 AM and saw that Alabama literally rolled all over Clemson, no pun intended. So let me get this straight, Alabama loses to Auburn in the Iron Bowl, thus pitting Auburn & Georgia in the SEC Championship, which Georgia won! Now the two teams in that National Championship, or should I say the SEC Championship II, you have Alabama vs Georgia. Give me a break, because I don't want to see/watch another SEC Championship football game! And I'm still fuming that Michigan really stunk it up in the Outback Bowl against South Carolina and to cap it all off with Notre Dame getting a miracle to beat LSU, which also upset me! Right now I'm looking forward to the 2018 college football season and I hope the selection committee opens it up to 6 teams instead of 4! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, much wailing and gnashing of teeth over an all SEC title game, but til they come up with a better way.....
That said, I personally think Wisconsin was the biggest loser in all this.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is looking a lot like the first playoffs, where the controversial #4 team won it all, thereby vindicating the committee choices.

I, too, was deeply disappointed at Michigan’s game. I thought they were better but evidently not this year. Still, 7-1 is a stellar performance for the Big Ten. I’ll take it and celebrate.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me correct myself. Ohio State was the biggest loser if Power 5 conference champs matter to the CFP Committee. Or is it the won/loss record? Nah, that ain't it, see UCF. Someone get me my Ouija Board, darts, something......

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I pretty much have to agree about Harbaugh -- he's doing about what he did with San Francisco. Win quite a few, until it's a little more important.
As for OU, what a lousy defense. Never should have even been in the playoffs with a defense that bad. Their only hope was many l-o-n-g, time-consuming drives to keep their own defense off the field.

Cal

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Total yardage for both teams in the Rose Bowl would suggest it was defense optional. I think the Dawgs just had the better offensive firepower on the ground in Sony Michel and Nick Chubb. Two NFL franchises will be very lucky come spring.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm curious about the TV ratings for that Nat'l Championship being with two teams from the same geographical area! Bags

AlabamaTraveler

hueytown al usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There seems to be a lot of complaining about an all SEC title game. Don't miss the fact that it was settled on the field. Since SEPT. every team had an equal opportunity to make it. The committee got it right, just as they do every year. No team should ever be in the final four with two defeats....not even the mighty Buckeyes. OU could not beat Ga. and Clemson could not beat Alabama. It is what it is and all the moaning and groaning will not change anything. The fact is...the two best teams are playing for the title. That is the way it should be. RTR!!!!!

Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/02/18 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't see any moaning and groaning over here. Just folks expressing their humble opinions. So is their something wrong with that?

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/18 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK Bags, I won’t gloat. But I was pleased to see SC prevail in the Outback. The Irish beating LSU, well the luck of the Irish again. I agree OSU had no business being in the playoffs with their pathetic defense.

Alabama beating Clemso well beating Nick Saban two in a row is tough. I am not sure Alabama can beat Georgia because Georgia has much more defense and I am not really alll that impressed with Alabama’s offense.

Maybe just my opinion, but I watched many of the bowl games. It seemed to me that many were sparsely attended. Even the Outback bowl was maybe 1/2 full. I am a real fan of the playoffs but I wonder if making two bowls the only ones that matter has hurt attendance at the others?

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS