Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Believe it or not, I'm rooting for Michigan to beat S. Carolina, because if Michigan can do this, the BIG10 will be 8 & 0 in this Bowl Season.
LSU, because I like LSU and my RV.NET buddy Charlie D. is an LSU fan, and as a teenager, I idolized Jim Taylor Green Bay Packer FB from LSU.
I want Clemson to beat Alabama because Alabama edged out my Buckeyes for the #4 spot and Charlie D. also will be rooting for Clemson today.
I want Oklahoma to win today over Georgia because Oklahoma beat OSU fair and square in the Horseshoe in Columbus.
Last, but not least, UCF (University of Central Florida) where my older sister graduated from and because they are an underdog to Auburn!

* This post was edited 01/01/18 08:30am by bagman *

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, although Michigan started out strong and seemed to have control of the game, then in the 2nd. half S. Carolina looks energized and has taken the lead 23 -19! Leave it up to Michigan to ruin it for the BIG10! Bags

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With 3:23 left in the game, there is no way Michigan can win this football game over S. Carolina! I'm so disappointed with how the Wolverines played today! Bags.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/18 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wolverines made more turnovers in the second half than the local Publix supermarket bakery. Gamecocks hardly the sharpest knife in the SEC drawer, but good enough. Michigan looking more like their NFL counterpart in Detroit, average at best. Is Harbaugh really 'The Answer'?

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a bitter sweet day for me to start out the New Year 2018! It was so sad for me to watch the LSU "Tigers" getting beat by the luck of the Irish. LSU had the ball 15 minutes more than N.D., had more 1st. downs, and had more total offense and my favorite LSU Tiger Mr. Derrius Guice played his heart out!
And I don't ever want to hear what a great football coach Jim Harbaugh is, because he isn't. This is his 3rd. year coaching Michigan and is 8 & 5 and that doesn't impress me much.
However, it did warm my heart to see UCF with Scott Frost as H.C. beat mighty SEC Auburn. Scott Frost will take over coaching duties at Nebraska and you can bet your bottom dollar, be will bring the U. of Nebraska back to national prominence! When it comes to ranking the BIG10 Head Coaches, I don't think Jim Harbaugh even makes the top 5 or 6. In the BIG10 East, I rate the Head Coach at OSU, MSU, & PSU over Harbaugh and in the BIG10 West, I rank the new H.C. at Nebraska, Iowa's H.C., Purdue's H.C., and Paul Cryst of Wisconsin over Jim Harbaugh. And because of Harbaugh, the BIG10 is 7 & 1 in these bowl games, instead of 8 & 0! I'm 100% sure Jimmy H. is being ripped over the hot coals in the Detroit Free Press right now! The one bright spot was to see underdog UCF beat Auburn! Ok, my rant is over! Bags.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/18 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Props to the hometown team, UCF Knights. Best season and biggest win in their program's history. They hung with Auburn and prevailed......and I might add, are the ONLY undefeated Division 1 program in the country. If they aren't at least #5 in the final rankings, I'll be disappointed.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom, I don't know if you read what I previously wrote, but I was rooting for Scott Frost and UCF for many reasons. My sister Sheila got her college degree from UCF, UCF was the underdog and yet they beat a powerful SEC team. The University of Nebraska is getting a great young college football coach in Scott Frost, which will make the BIG10 even better. Frost worked a miracle at UCF! Word is, he is bringing ALL of his assistants with him to Lincoln, Nebraska! Bags.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/18 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did Bags. Been a long road for the Knights but they had 2 VERY good seasons with high profile post season bowl wins in the last 5 years. Frost took them from zeroes to heroes. He will be missed, and yes his entire staff is going to Lincoln with him.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/01/18 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Georgia/Oklahoma. Could that game have been any better? Epic is all I can say. Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

TooManyTents

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/18 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Georgia/Oklahoma. Could that game have been any better? Epic is all I can say. Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

It could have been better if OU had won! The fans certainly got their money's worth out of that game!

I'm also glad UCF won. What a turn-around, taking a 0-12 team to 13-0 in one year.

I can't bring myself to watch Clemson/Alabama. I hope I read in the paper tomorrow that Clemson won.

Dave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Teams I'm Rooting For Today - College Football!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS