cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

shaw satellite

Huggybear49
Explorer
Explorer
we have a shaw receiver using the auto dish on mh with quad lnb gets 2 sats. been losing hd signal in rgvstx get refresh lasts a few days only.talked with wineguard they say shaw shutting down the system we have in early 2018 any comments
19 REPLIES 19

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Huggybear49 wrote:
thanks for the feedback have all channels back now even hd go figure keeping it hush hush lol

Just noticed your page re hooking up the Shaw Direct dish, here is a link that others can use to set the dish up on a House or Tripod.

http://www.kusat.com/Shaw-Direct/System-Installation/

And the Dish Pointer site, use ANIK F1 and ANIK F2
http://www.dishpointer.com/

Just put in your location and choose your Satellite. You can zoom in to your location and move the Green Spot to your Dish Location.
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Huggybear49 wrote:
thanks for the feedback have all channels back now even hd go figure keeping it hush hush lol

The two original satellites do carry HD so you can get them down south. The newer third satellite is all HD and can't be seen far south. Eventually as the older ones die all stations will be transferred to the newer one.

Huggybear49
Explorer
Explorer

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great job. Good work on the trouble-shooting!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I got it working.

I brought his rx over to my dish and hooked it up. Seemed fine so they did a refresh. Was working on my dish within 15 minutes. Both dishes xKu LNBs.

So I took it back to his dish and had a closer look at the angles. I knew the elevation was off by one degree but figured that wasn't enough to make zero signal. Then I realized that he had the azimuth bolts so loose that the dish was leaning forward on the tripod - maybe 2-3 degrees. So add that to the 1 degree on the gauge and it was enough to miss on elevation. Got him up to 93%. Mine gets 96% but his is a 60 and mine is a 75 so that makes sense.

I just hate being defeated by technology. Not today...

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
Did the guy have his Shaw working before he got down to Mesa? Maybe he got a new receiver but still has the old LNB's?
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
A guy moved into our park a few sites down and said he needed help with his Shaw Direct install. I've done it many times so I said I'd do it. Well, I don't know what the problem is but I wasn't able to find any signal. RG6 cable directly from the LNB to the receiver. All angles were correct. No obstructions. Frustrating!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right, thanks for that. Seems like the OP might have been just a bit more transparent about his location for the most helpful responses.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago in Quartzsite I was having a similar problem on a older style Shaw HDPVR with the large dish mounted on a tripod. I was having it refreshed constantly until it wouldn't refresh anymore. Spent lots of time with Shaw on the phone trying to get it to work with no real success. Replaced with a new receiver and the new lnb and my problems went away.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Huggybear49 wrote:
we have the HDDSR600 receiver and the bigger dish not the 75
Which dish do you have? The 75E is the biggest one normally available.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Who would have guessed that RGV was what this meant......been losing hd signal in rgvstx get refresh lasts a few days only.
I guessed Rio Grand Valley South Texas

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No matter. If you really are in the Rio Grand Valley you will not get the G1 satellite. It was re-positioned and the spot beam does not go very far S. of the Canadian border.
Who would have guessed that RGV was what this meant......been losing hd signal in rgvstx get refresh lasts a few days only.

Huggybear49
Explorer
Explorer
we have the HDDSR600 receiver and the bigger dish not the 75

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
He said he's in rgvtx. Won't get G1 there.