cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with a 12' Garage with 3 ATVs?

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a new TH with 12' garage like the torque t31, impact 312, stryker 3112 or similar. Curious on feedback of those who are putting 3 full size atv's in their 12' garage. I know one will need to go sideways, curious how that is working out, do you drive two in side by side then angle the last one in and muscle the back end in, or do you put the first one in and turn it sideways?

ATVs will be 2 grizzly's and one kawasaki prairie. the grizz's side by side measure 94", the prairie is 47 wide. I currently turn the prairie sideways to fit them in a 10x12 shed, wondering how much harder it is when there is only 8' of width to work with.

Also, has anyone used the pitbull motorcycle jack with the turn table top? Seems like that would make it easy to drive one in jack it up and spin it sideways.
2019 CC F350
2017 Impact 312 Toyhauler
2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 (mine)
2013 Yamaha grizzly 550 (hers)
1998 Kawi Prairie 400 (boys)
14 REPLIES 14

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
I have done it with 3.

popo sportsman 500 ride it inspin side ways. Then the canam 1000 outlander max and a canam renegade 500 backed in next to it.

Very tight but it worked.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Just mark out the inside dimensions on the ground and try to fit all three within that dimension. Keep in mind the walls will be there and try to get it accomplished. You’ll get your answer.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
Three toys, should equal 3 people to push. Should be able to "manhandle" the average ATV.

My thought would be to load it on the dollies at the base of the ramp, push it sideways up the ramp into the hauler.

Ah...that might be a little tough to do even with 3 people, better off riding into the garage and then putting wheeler on the dollies otherwise your trying to push all that across a gap at the top of the ramp. Have been on another site where a poster put 4 wheelers in a 12ft garage so 3 would be a piece of cake.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

2btowed
Explorer
Explorer
could load Grizz's beside each other easily,then drive the 400ex in at an angle,with front almost in.Parked right rear on a piece of UHDM and would lift and slide 400ex in sideways.Was quick and easy.Pushing in sideways up a ramp looks like work!!!!
08 Ranger/sold/14 rzr900 4
08 Grizzly x2
06 400ex
06 Honda 90
08 f450
04 Kymco 110

Dave_Reed
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to load them front to back. I used a riser block to get my Can Am Renegade 850 into my 76" bed. Here is a link for the one on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/i/141350176481?chn=ps
I own it. Pretty nice. I have a 50" SxS and the Can Am did fit next it to. I wouldn't do it again since it was really pushing on the walls. I did notice if I jacked up the vehicle the track got narrower. You may be able to get them side by side that way too. I have a wide body toy hauler.

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
Robert6401 wrote:
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have been wondering about loading two ATVs side by side in my 10' garage. Is that possible? I don't have a second one to test with, but am considering purchasing another.

Width should be the same, unless its not a wide body (101"-102")

Robert6401
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have been wondering about loading two ATVs side by side in my 10' garage. Is that possible? I don't have a second one to test with, but am considering purchasing another.
2018 Ford F450
2012 Raptor 297SE
2009 Forest River Sierra 335QBQ

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
Yup pretty much what I'm doing. Have some 4" non-swivel casters mounted on a plate, with a scissor jack (old stabilizer jack)on that to do the lifting. Couple pieces of 1 1/2 aluminum angle for a track to get over the gap between the ramp and dovetail. Like I say haven't tried it yet, but hoping it will work. 19 degrees below zero this am, so not in a hurry to test it :E

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks mr old style, they are 14/15 grizzlys, I've had them side by side in my snowmobile trailer which is only 96" on the outside, so I'm pretty sure they will fit that way.

I did find some floor jacks that you can get the off road or sand wheel kit for (larger pneumatic tires). That seems like it would work, if you start out with the ramp door level with trailer, drive on it sideways, jack it up and roll it it, just have to go over the threshold and up the dove tail.
2019 CC F350

mr__old_style
Explorer
Explorer
Are they new model Grizzlys or the pre 16 model? The 16+ year model is wider and 2 of them won't fit side by side. It helps to back the first one in and then drive in the second beside it. The bed rails are the big problem, but the older narrower Grizzly will fit. I back my third up the ramp, and with about a 15 pt. turn can get it in side ways without man handleing it. Gotten too old for that 😞 I started working on a system like your thinking of, driving them onto the ramp sideways and putting a dolly under them to push all three up in side ways, but didn't get to test it out before the end of the riding season, so will have to wait until spring.

busterja21
Explorer
Explorer
The diagonal measurement is 94.5" and the inside of most of them are 96 (102 outside), but the bed lift also takes some of that space up.technically it should work to rotate inside, but seems a bit tight to work in reality.

i also thought about just using loading ramps to drive on the ramp door sideways, then jack the quad or put it on dollies and pull it in with the winches of the other two (backed in).

if anyone has done it, let me know, or maybe i give in on the separate garage and just get one that will fit them in tandem or just put the 3rd wheeler in the truck like i do now.
2019 CC F350

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Three toys, should equal 3 people to push. Should be able to "manhandle" the average ATV.

My thought would be to load it on the dollies at the base of the ramp, push it sideways up the ramp into the hauler.

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Wont happen, and you dont want to be man handleing a 5,6,700# 4 wheeler.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Is the garage 8’ inside width? Or outside?

Check your ATV’s diagonal dimensions. I don’t have a TH. But I did buy an extra wide 12’ utility trailer to carry 3 ATVs thinking I could drive one on and then manhandle it sideways. Then the next two. I measured to make sure the trailer inside the rails was wider than the ATVs were long. However I quickly found out the diagonal dimension of the ATVs would not allow me to turn them. Had to make some special ramps to side load. Not an option with a TH.