Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Ideas on finding a pad to rent for month of January
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Ideas on finding a pad to rent for month of January

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/17 12:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking in Central Florida area or Jacksonville Fla area for an rv pad to rent for a month. Are there any good websites people use to find these? Seems hard to find a place that looks decent and cant spent a fortune. Never done this before, only camped day to day and week to week. Any ideas on places or where to look?? Would actually go almost anywhere in Georgia or Florida for somewhere nice. 55 and older places would be a huge plus.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/17 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went through this and basically it's a bunch of phone work. I used RVParkReviews.com and made a list of who I called and what the result was.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/17 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try RV Parky as well.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2gypsies

Enjoying the West!

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/17 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll just have to start calling around. The above link for RVParkReviews is a good one to give you an idea. However, don't take any reviews (on any site) as gospel. Eliminate the excellent reviews and the worst reviews and concentrate on the middle ground ones. Some things in reviews wouldn't pertain to you like not having a pool, etc.

Once you're there you can drive around to different parks to see if one would suit you better for your next trip. You might also consider renting in two to four different areas for weekly rates - even if it's more costly that way - to give you an idea of the areas and prices. Your first trip should be geared for looking for the best place for youself on subsequent trips. Everyone has different criteria for where they stay.

Also, at this late stage you might have better luck getting a weekly site rather than a monthly. Good luck!

Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/17 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Stage Stop in Winter Garden Fl.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
How I tow.
Towing a Prius without a dolly
How I spend the winter.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/29/17 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May have to look farther north for availability and cheaper. Trade off is colder with more heating costs.
A nice site in florida in Jan.? whats left over would be poor and pricey. The best are picked over months ago for longer.

JW of Opechee Shores

New Hampshire

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/17 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Southern Palms in Eustis has sites and is close to beautiful Mount Dora and Tavares. Only an hour to Orlando.

Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then">

Dance Chick

Lakeland FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/17 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're in Sanlan RV Park right now in Lakeland FL off I-4 between Tampa & Orlando. They have some sites, but they are pricey this time of year. Very nice place.

Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/17 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both look just gorgeous, but cant really afford that much. Sanlan beautiful but very expensive and Southern Palms would just about work, except when I see "encore" and know that your told a price per day but then 4.00 per day plus tax is added. That puts it over the top for us. I think we may have to keep looking and shopping the state parks. Sure do miss TV and internet, but its the only way I think we can afford it.Thank you for sending the info, I'll pull up and look at everything.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/30/17 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suggest Oak Plantation camp. near Charleston, SC. Were just there for DEC. 1- 11 10 days, nice well run camp. Grocery, every thing you need nearby. Prices very reasonable for the east coast. 30# propane $21. Wifi slow, but what else is new, very good 50 channel CATV.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Ideas on finding a pad to rent for month of January
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS