cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on finding a pad to rent for month of January

luvmydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Looking in Central Florida area or Jacksonville Fla area for an rv pad to rent for a month. Are there any good websites people use to find these? Seems hard to find a place that looks decent and cant spent a fortune. Never done this before, only camped day to day and week to week. Any ideas on places or where to look?? Would actually go almost anywhere in Georgia or Florida for somewhere nice. 55 and older places would be a huge plus.
13 REPLIES 13

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also , if you are in to nature and small towns and three or four hundred a month ya might try the City of Sopchoppy camground on the Soppchoppy River on the Gulf coast in North Florida .
Or the City of Wewahitchia in North Florida has a campground that last year was seven bucks a day if ya could find some one to take your money .
Both were older but clean and quiet , good hiking , biking , and goofing off .

luvmydogs
Explorer
Explorer
No not Escapees, but am Sams and Passport (which hasnt save me much) But I will check them out. Thank you

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Are you an Escapees member? There is a co-op park and a Rainbow park in Florida.

The Escapee Rainbow park in Bushnell, FL is $340/month + electric for Escapee members ($40/year) or $395/month + electric for non-members. They accept reservations. 352-793-1333 It's not a 'resort' but a nice clean park for 55+ with extremely friendly full-timers.

The other Escapee Co-op in Wauchula is more expensive - $450/m + electric.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you an Escapees member? There is a co-op park and a Rainbow park in Florida.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest Oak Plantation camp. near Charleston, SC. Were just there for DEC. 1- 11 10 days, nice well run camp. Grocery, every thing you need nearby. Prices very reasonable for the east coast. 30# propane $21. Wifi slow, but what else is new, very good 50 channel CATV.

luvmydogs
Explorer
Explorer
Both look just gorgeous, but cant really afford that much. Sanlan beautiful but very expensive and Southern Palms would just about work, except when I see "encore" and know that your told a price per day but then 4.00 per day plus tax is added. That puts it over the top for us. I think we may have to keep looking and shopping the state parks. Sure do miss TV and internet, but its the only way I think we can afford it.Thank you for sending the info, I'll pull up and look at everything.

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We're in Sanlan RV Park right now in Lakeland FL off I-4 between Tampa & Orlando. They have some sites, but they are pricey this time of year. Very nice place.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Southern Palms in Eustis has sites and is close to beautiful Mount Dora and Tavares. Only an hour to Orlando.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
May have to look farther north for availability and cheaper. Trade off is colder with more heating costs.
A nice site in florida in Jan.? whats left over would be poor and pricey. The best are picked over months ago for longer.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Stage Stop in Winter Garden Fl.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You'll just have to start calling around. The above link for RVParkReviews is a good one to give you an idea. However, don't take any reviews (on any site) as gospel. Eliminate the excellent reviews and the worst reviews and concentrate on the middle ground ones. Some things in reviews wouldn't pertain to you like not having a pool, etc.

Once you're there you can drive around to different parks to see if one would suit you better for your next trip. You might also consider renting in two to four different areas for weekly rates - even if it's more costly that way - to give you an idea of the areas and prices. Your first trip should be geared for looking for the best place for youself on subsequent trips. Everyone has different criteria for where they stay.

Also, at this late stage you might have better luck getting a weekly site rather than a monthly. Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try RV Parky as well.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I went through this and basically it's a bunch of phone work. I used RVParkReviews.com and made a list of who I called and what the result was.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page