cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold error code

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Fuzion 369... getting ready for my trip and the norcold fridge decides to not work. It’s giving me a code of L1 OP..... any help would be great if not taking extra ice chest
16 REPLIES 16

Theern
Explorer
Explorer
Code just happened to me, after reading older post associating it to pressure washing, I removed the outside cover and saw flashing light with moisture at bottom of black box. We had just driven through heavy rain. I tried the magnet thing, I think my magnets were too weak. My wife offered a blow dryer, I used it and it worked. I am going to wrap a sandwich bag around black box and stop the moisture.

codyjf
Explorer
Explorer
this is fantastic information, thank you all! My Norcold has tripped this error twice now, and I have lost food both times. With this info I can definitely confirm my issue is water related. Does anyone know what we can do to prevent this water issue? What needs to be protected from the weather/water?

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
billgburns wrote:
I have had a number of problems with my Norcold unit but the LiOP is one that I have a potential solution for. I have put together a document with pictures to walk you through some solutions.

Link is Below

http://flashbye.com/Norcold%20LiOP.pdf

Thank you for that link. I will save it just Incase that happens again.

billgburns
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a number of problems with my Norcold unit but the LiOP is one that I have a potential solution for. I have put together a document with pictures to walk you through some solutions.

Link is Below

http://flashbye.com/Norcold%20LiOP.pdf

(EDIT: Made it clicky.)

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for the tips and help on this. I tried the magnet thing and it will kick it back off. I ran it under 110, propane and generator and nothing worked. It’s nlw at the dealer getting worked on along with other items that came up on my trip.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
dsnuggles wrote:
I have a 2017 Fuzion 369... getting ready for my trip and the norcold fridge decides to not work. It’s giving me a code of L1 OP..... any help would be great if not taking extra ice chest

Might very well be worth reading over this thread.
Norcold code L1. OP how to fix

Note the procedure to bypass the high limit, might try that but be very careful and I would not let it run for long like that, don't want to melt something but that will tell you if the switch is the problem.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy
dsnuggles wrote:

Might very well be worth reading over this thread.
Norcold code L1. OP how to fix

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I went through the same thing last year with my Fuzion. The switch has to be reset with a magnet.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
There's a bunch of stuff on utube but I couldn't find your code error . Are you plugged into #110 Or How are your batteries or battery? Propane tank full?

Check out page #27

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
There's a bunch of stuff on utube but I couldn't find your code error . Are you plugged into #110 Or How are your batteries or battery? Propane tank full?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

dsnuggles
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Check all of your breakers and fuses first!! I actually opened up the back of my panel and cleaned the propane line igniter Note: It was pretty clean I used carburetor spray cleaner the blew it out with compressed air and then removed a black electronic box cover it had a newer fuse and the older glass fuse in there both were good I put it all back together and the darn thing was still flashing? I checked the breaker in the rig again!!? And one fuse was out so I replace it all was good. I started at the breaker panel first I really don't know how I resolved it but it's working??

I checked all breakers and it’s all cleaned and I even also ran it on electric and propane and still nothing. I even tried resetting with magnet and the all still nothing. I will just have to use ice chest for this trip and it’s going into dealer on Tuesday for this.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Check all of your breakers and fuses first!! I actually opened up the back of my panel and cleaned the propane line igniter Note: It was pretty clean I used carburetor spray cleaner the blew it out with compressed air and then removed a black electronic box cover it had a newer fuse and the older glass fuse in there both were good I put it all back together and the darn thing was still flashing? I checked the breaker in the rig again!!? And one fuse was out so I replace it all was good. I started at the breaker panel first I really don't know how I resolved it but it's working??
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't mention if you're operating on electric or propane. If propane, you might try electric and see if you get the same results.

The manual for my Norcold 1210 lists 4 possible reasons:
Off level operation
Insufficient, obstructed or downdraft operation
Heat deflector blocking Flue opening
Cooling system (fans) failure

You didn't mention model, but you might search on-line for the manual for your model.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Y-Guy
I found some helpful info when I input "norcold high limit switch is open" into Google.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon