Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on K-Z Venom?

GalaxyGirl
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys,
I'm seriously considering the K-Z Venom. Does anyone have one or have a K-Z product? What are your thoughts? Problems? Warnings? Quality? Any help would be much appreciated!

GG
10 REPLIES 10

RTVenom3911
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our Venom 3911 for over a year now and no major issues as of yet. We have added several upgrades but only due to our preference. The 3911 has a little more living room space than most Toy Haulers and tons of storage inside and out.

mbrower
Explorer
Explorer
I have a KZ Montego bay that has been great. I'm going to a toy hauler fifth wheel this fall and will likely go with the KZ Venom. The V4012TK is a perfect floor plan for us and its the only toy hauler I have found that has an all aluminum box. Others I have looked at in that price range has wood roof rafters and some have wood floor joists as well.
2001 Chevy 3500 Big Dooley 8.1L (496 Cubes)Allison 5sp 4:10
2008 KZ Montego Bay 37RLB-4

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Our KZ Inferno 3712T has served us well. We've had minor and major warranty work but as said, that's up to the dealer to get the work done...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

WillB5
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a 2018 Sportsman Sportster 311TH10 for several months and love it. There have been a few very minor issues but they were taken care of quickly. A slightly loose hose clamp and one breaker that didn't hold. I've been impressed with the quality of the unit, and the great customer service at our dealer, Braun's Fun Time Campers in Indianapolis.
That said, in a mass production unit like this the materials used are not the highest quality, but sufficient for the purpose.

GalaxyGirl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback.

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
Our KZ is a bunkhouse, not a toy hauler and we have not had a warranty issue other than the LED lights in the awning and we have used it for three full seasons. We also have a great dealer here in Illinois.
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

James57
Explorer
Explorer
Well its been a year with Venom 4013 Tk
love every thing about it lots of storge space.
The heater problem was just a lose wire 5min. fix.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I've owned two without issue or problems.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Anything specific your looking for an answer for? Iโ€™ve changed some things on mine here and there. Mostly itโ€™s the dealing with the dealership that makes the warranty work or not when problems pop up.
My first toy hauler. Came out of a four seasons camper to this. Some things are lower quality. Some I would like them to change at the factory. And a couple I have talked to the designer about and he has changed on new units. KZ has sent me a couple warranty replacement items instead of me going to dealer to install something I know more about than they do. Or things so simple a trip to the dealership would be a costly waste when weighed against the item.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Venom posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman