Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: What's the BEST camping experience you ever had?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> What's the BEST camping experience you ever had?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lwiddis

El Pueblo de Señora la Reina de los Ángeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/17 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camping almost alone (two other campsites occupied) at Calaveras Big Trees SP in early October 2015...before the Pioneer Cabin Tree fell. The magic of a Redwood forest. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/01/09/iconic-pioneer-cabin-tree-falls-during-northern-california-storm/

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet.

pnichols

Santa Cruz Mountains

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/17 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of our best trips was wondering in Oregon and then camping our way back home in campgrounds along the Oregon coast.

Here's us inland on that trip camping in a field on a private ranch:

[image]

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca 324V Spirit

bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/17 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wonderful memory

magnusfide wrote:

Ours was at Vogel SP in GA. Christmas Eve, snow began to fall. It was soft and silent. The campground was half empty and those who were in adjacent campsites to ours all came out and admired the snow while offering each other hot chocolate around the campfires. Someone pulled out a guitar and we sang Christmas carols around the campfire while the snow was falling. Then we all decided to walk through the rest of the cg and sing carols for the other campers. Everyone was smiling. Everyone was pleasant.

Good times.

Padlin

W. Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/17 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stumbling on the Atherton Creek Campground in the Bridger-Teton National Forest. We checked out of Gros Ventre and moved to it.

Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/20/17 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing on the shore. Have experienced this at several locations (Pacific/Atlantic/Gulf of Mexico/Gulf of St Lawrence), and it never gets old :-)

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/17 04:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats a difficult question to answer as we have a great time just about everywhere we go. I guess our top of the list is Cherrystone VA. just hanging in the pine trees with a view of the Chesapeake. Something for everyone to do and everyone's is in a great mood.

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 Platinum, 6.2L 6 spd 3.73 gears, Reese 12klb w/dual cam, Prodigy, Sunny Brook Sunset Creek 298 BH, Trojan 125's, 448 watts Solar Morning Star 45, Honda EU3000, Dish TV, Xantrax Pure Sine 2000, Wilson Cellular Ant/Amp

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/17 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our big trip doing the loop from TN to the Olympic Peninsula to the Grand Canyon to all along the Gulf Coast from Galveston to Mobile then back home to TN. 10 weeks and almost 10k miles and still not enough time. Stayed in Packwood WA one night and in the morning stepped out the door to see 2 young elk standing not 20 ft. away. I stopped and watched them as they just gave me a look and kept on grazing.

We have honestly been blessed I guess for not having any bad experiences in our 6 years of camping. No neighbors from hell, no serious mechanical issues and no illnesses. We were 55 when we started our RVing and look forward to many more years of having fun with it.

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/17 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There have been a lot of them. The absolute best have been horseback trips with a string of mules, raft and canoe trips on rivers, and hunting trips with my Dad and two brothers. There have been around 30 of those. Floating the Grand Canyon on a commercial trip for 276 miles was hard to beat. I enjoyed hiking the Chilkoot Trail from Alaska into British Columbia.

The best car camping trips were driving Route 66 in a '57 Chevy in 1969 to go surfing in California, and moving to California from the East Coast in 1972. That road trip took 6 weeks in a VW bus. Now I am retired and camp all the time, pretty much in every month. I like the low desert in winter.

md_procouple

Parkville, Md.

View Profile

Posted: 12/21/17 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the best type of "Wildlife" to watch lol !!

Vickie, Me, and "Toto" our dog make THREE
">

want2snowbird

Washington State

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/17 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sitting by the camp fire on Washington's Olympic Penninsula and watching the Pacific surf rolling up the beach only a stone throw away. Unforgettable!

1996 Ford Conversion Van
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 L V8, 6 spd. tranny, 4.10 gears
2017 Coachman Apex Nano 191 RBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> What's the BEST camping experience you ever had?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS