cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson goose neck adaptor hitch.

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
I use the bed of my pick up a lot. Having the Anderson adapter hitch for my Fifth-wheel camper would make taking it in and out a whole lot easier than a regular fifth-wheel hitch.
Any one use one and how do you like it? Fifth-wheel is 13 k hitch weight is 2 k. Anderson hitch is rated at 20 k Or higher.
73 REPLIES 73

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:
Where do you guys with the AUH hook up the brake away cable?

I put a carabiner in the loop on the end of the break away cable and connect it to the chain loop in the bed on the gooseneck hitch.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:

I hook mine on the factory ring on the side of my bed. I did used to hook to the floor ring on my gooseneck hitch thought about it and decided keep the safety chain & brake cable separate. Maybe overkill but hey.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:

With my flatbed and recessed ball, my situation is a bit different than most. I have big D-Rings next to my ball and I chain and lock the entire hitch assembly to those. Therefore, I loop the breakaway cable to one of the rear tubes on the hitch.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
nwjetboat wrote:
ToddD wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

Thank you for reaching out with interest in the Reflection 337RLS; I work for Grand Design RV and would be happy to assist in answering your questions.

The Andersen Ultimate Hitch is not approved by Lippert, our frame manufacturer, to work with their chassis. We do have several customers that use this set up, however if there is damage resulting in improper use and/or setup, Lippert and GDRV would not be able to cover the warranty work.

See! I wasnโ€™t trolling!

No you were not trolling. I called Lippert this past July as we were purchasing a GD 303. Dealer wanted to put a AUH hitch in, so I went home and did some research. Ended up calling GD, who referred me to Lippert techline. I was told on the phone, that Lippert will not warranty a trailer frame that was damaged due to use of the AUH. Said he had two cases on his desk that were being denied. Plus the photos of the lady in Texas that had one collapse on her was more than enough for me.

Does the warranty in WRITING say the AUH voids the warranty ? My Jayco warranty doesn't even mention a true gooseneck & that's what I had originally from the dealer, would still use it but my new truck was too deep to see to hookup by myself easily. Folks keep using the term gooseneck hitch with an Andersen which it isn't & this is where I think some tech on a helpline desk gets thier story misleading

nwjetboat
Explorer
Explorer
ToddD wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

Thank you for reaching out with interest in the Reflection 337RLS; I work for Grand Design RV and would be happy to assist in answering your questions.

The Andersen Ultimate Hitch is not approved by Lippert, our frame manufacturer, to work with their chassis. We do have several customers that use this set up, however if there is damage resulting in improper use and/or setup, Lippert and GDRV would not be able to cover the warranty work.

No you were not trolling. I called Lippert this past July as we were purchasing a GD 303. Dealer wanted to put a AUH hitch in, so I went home and did some research. Ended up calling GD, who referred me to Lippert techline. I was told on the phone, that Lippert will not warranty a trailer frame that was damaged due to use of the AUH. Said he had two cases on his desk that were being denied. Plus the photos of the lady in Texas that had one collapse on her was more than enough for me.
2017 Ram 3500SRW, CTD AISIN, B&W companion 2018 Grand Design 303RLS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a Andersen hitch, NEVER NEVER NEVER leave your trailer at a dealer for repair/service WITHOUT removing the Andersen adapter from the pin box. If you fail to do this, there is a very high probability that they will damage the adapter while moving the trailer around on their lot! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
ToddD wrote:
TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

I apologize. ๐Ÿ™‚
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

The Goosebox by Reese is approved by Lippert to work with their chassis for a gooseneck adapter. I would recommend checking out our Facebook Ownerโ€™s Page (Grand Design RV Ownerโ€™s) if you want to pose the question of who uses the Andersen hitch, as some may have suggestions to prevent any issues while in use.

I hope this helps answer your question; please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Paul Laux | Regional Sales Manager | Grand Design RV โ€“ Reflection & Imagine

Once again, does the written warranty NAME the unapproved warranty voiding hitch that connects to a pin box that bolts to the LCI frame that has had a lot of rv forum discussions on lack of quality ?

ToddD
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

Todd
2018 Jayco 377RLBH
2019 Ford F-450 Platinum

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lippert has a financial interest in promoting the Reese product.

TxGearhead wrote:
As of 12-20-2017:

The Goosebox by Reese is approved by Lippert to work with their chassis for a gooseneck adapter. I would recommend checking out our Facebook Ownerโ€™s Page (Grand Design RV Ownerโ€™s) if you want to pose the question of who uses the Andersen hitch, as some may have suggestions to prevent any issues while in use.

I hope this helps answer your question; please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
As of 12-20-2017:

Regards,

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

jmhensley
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted
a back up camera pointing straight up at the adapter block i push the hitch height button on my touch pad back under using the camera to align the ball with the adapter hole then use remote to lower fifth wheel down on to ball no second person required.i have lippert level up 3.
John&Mary
Retired and on the road

limericc
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and couldn't be happier. Easy in, easy out and the performance has been excellent.
Crystal