cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a little advice

BillyandKris
Explorer
Explorer
We’re planning to spend winter 2018-19 in Phoenix area—first time. Was looking at reasonably priced Apache Junction RV parks due to it being a bit out of the BIG CITY and more towards Superstition Mountains—we are hikers. Also hoping to find workamper position or part-time jobs for that winter. A friend who used to live in Mesa said it was “nicer”. It’s like a needle in a haystack looking at all these parks. I am thinking prices may be higher in Mesa. Does anyone know if this is generally true or are they more or less the same? Have found some parks in AJ price range of $320-$475/month. Any advice on finding a park or workamper/other winter part-time position would be appreciated including when to start looking for winter 2018-19. I think I should go ahead soon and make our reservations, regardless, so we can get into a not-so-expensive park. THX
13 REPLIES 13

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
If I was looking for a place for the winter. I would go East of Apache Jct. on Hiway 60 toward Globe and check out the Goldfields area or continue on until you see the sign for Florence/Tuscon. Check out RvParkReviews.com. for RV Parks in the Jct.. Florence will be quieter!

abom2
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
BillyandKris wrote:
We’re planning to spend winter 2018-19 in Phoenix area—first time. Was looking at reasonably priced Apache Junction RV parks due to it being a bit out of the BIG CITY and more towards Superstition Mountains—we are hikers. Also hoping to find workamper position or part-time jobs for that winter. A friend who used to live in Mesa said it was “nicer”. It’s like a needle in a haystack looking at all these parks. I am thinking prices may be higher in Mesa. Does anyone know if this is generally true or are they more or less the same? Have found some parks in AJ price range of $320-$475/month. Any advice on finding a park or workamper/other winter part-time position would be appreciated including when to start looking for winter 2018-19. I think I should go ahead soon and make our reservations, regardless, so we can get into a not-so-expensive park. THX

Good Luck! most RV parks/resorts within a 30 mile radius of Phoenix charge in the area of $900 to $1200 per month + the cost of electricity per month. For most RV parks need you need to make reservations 6 months to a year in advance. For lower priced RV areas you will need to go more west to Quartsite on BLM land.

Finishing my first year here on a two year project. My cost with full hook ups averages $600.00 a month with electric.

It is a nice park close to the ASU University. Others on the project have gotten into the Mega resorts in Mesa and the monthly is in the range you quoted. But, they paid for a full year up front ($3600) and now only worry about electric and propane.

It is really warm here come June though. lol

GuyN
Explorer
Explorer
AJB wrote:
https://www.work-for-rvers-and-campers.com/help-wanted.html

http://workampingjobs.com/workampingjobs.php

https://www.workamper.com/

Probably the three main workamping sites to try and find a job. You should start looking now. It is a nice and usually easy way to offset rv site costs.

thanks for posting this information!
2019 Keystone Cougar 30RLS
2012 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE, (sold)
2015 Chevy HD 2500 Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab

MinnCamper
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Mesa this winter for our first snowbird experience. We arrived in October and inquired about workkamping and started our position in January. The rates are a bit more expensive, but we have every amenity imaginable and you get what you pay for. What kind of place are you looking for? What kind of activities and amenities? Call the resort and ask them about workkamping opportunities. We had applied on line and didn't get a response but once we arrived we talked with the folks in the office.

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
We volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, which has excellent hiking there and in the surrounding area. What a view we had every day!!

Agreed 10X's!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, which has excellent hiking there and in the surrounding area. What a view we had every day!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Canyon Vista in Mesa,Az..Resort type park with a hiking club that hiked twice a week with great hikes,. http://www.cal-am.com/resorts/canyon-vistas/
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
work camp up at roosevelt lake ,by globe az nice area

AJB
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.work-for-rvers-and-campers.com/help-wanted.html

http://workampingjobs.com/workampingjobs.php

https://www.workamper.com/

Probably the three main workamping sites to try and find a job. You should start looking now. It is a nice and usually easy way to offset rv site costs.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
We snowbirded 4 years in a row at Countryside (on Idaho Road) in Apache Junction.

Wonderful time, wonderful people (except the French Canadians who absolutely refused to mix. And, of course, like always, only ONE woman spoke English. Fraud. I wonder why they do that......)

Edited to say: when making reservations, I strongly suggest you call the park itself (ANY park any time you want to reserve) rather than the centralized reservation company.
The park office KNOWS the park. Not just a computer screen at the other place. Just my experience(s).

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Have you thought of volunteering in The Tonto National Forest.
Site, water, electric and sewer are free in exchange for some labor used to be 20 hours a week.
Lots of trails in the National Forest
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
BillyandKris wrote:

Good Luck! most RV parks/resorts within a 30 mile radius of Phoenix charge in the area of $900 to $1200 per month + the cost of electricity per month. For most RV parks need you need to make reservations 6 months to a year in advance. For lower priced RV areas you will need to go more west to Quartsite on BLM land.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Iff it has resort in the name it will be $$$$
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold