Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Club: Dear Marcus
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Dear Marcus

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Bajamarjess

Escondido, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/17 04:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am a Life Member of Good Sam

I want to thank you for all the good things you have done for the club but I also want to make you aware of a problem that I encountered recently. I owned an Rand Mc Nally RV GPS for some time, bought it at Camping World with a maintenance contract. My GPS failed so I received a new RVND 7 at the San Marcos CA branch because my prior model had been discontinued. Then I found that I cannot download my Good Sam Trip planner trips like I could with my old one. I returned to your Branch, spoke to the manager who simply said that is the way it is. I called Rand Mc Nally and they told me about their own trip planner (which) looks a lot like Good Sam's but lacks the ability to see the ICONS for campgrounds or Flying J stations. I then found that none of the GPS's being sold at Camping World will download the trips from Good Sam yet Good Sam continues to state on their web site that it does. The Good Sam Trip planner has been an excellent tool for me a good club benefit, I sure would like to have it back.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/17 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bajamarjess wrote:

I am a Life Member of Good Sam

I want to thank you for all the good things you have done for the club but I also want to make you aware of a problem that I encountered recently. I owned an Rand Mc Nally RV GPS for some time, bought it at Camping World with a maintenance contract. My GPS failed so I received a new RVND 7 at the San Marcos CA branch because my prior model had been discontinued. Then I found that I cannot download my Good Sam Trip planner trips like I could with my old one. I returned to your Branch, spoke to the manager who simply said that is the way it is. I called Rand Mc Nally and they told me about their own trip planner (which) looks a lot like Good Sam's but lacks the ability to see the ICONS for campgrounds or Flying J stations. I then found that none of the GPS's being sold at Camping World will download the trips from Good Sam yet Good Sam continues to state on their web site that it does. The Good Sam Trip planner has been an excellent tool for me a good club benefit, I sure would like to have it back.

Go figure! [emoticon]

Only Good Sam/CW would pull something like this.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Lwiddis

El Pueblo Señora la Reina de los Ángeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/02/17 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. Known or unknown issue? Management needs to resolve it.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/02/17 06:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you need to ask marcus at go profit.com as he is not around here but soon one of his customer care people will message you

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 04:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Good Sam and Rand McNalley got a divorce so the new GPS probably will not interface.

Bajamarjess

Escondido, CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/03/17 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope, none of the Rand McNally's interface with the Good Sam Trip planner, maybe another manufacturer can take their place.

GoodSamFamily

Home

Administrator

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/04/17 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Bajamarjess,

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We reached out to Rand McNally today for assistance & they have made an update on their end.

The dock configuration for the RVND 7 GPS device has been updated; so users who have the RVND 7 product and connect to the Dock application will now see an option to import trips from the Good Sam Trip Planner.

Trips from the Good Sam Trip Planner can be imported to any Rand McNally GPS. If you ever have an issue where that is not the case--just let us know!

We appreciate your membership!

Regards,
Good Sam Club Team

Good Sam Member Services

Chiefcpo

Huntsville, Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/17 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you , I had the same problem

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/18 05:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Dear Marcus
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS