cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's So Easy To Make Primitive LED Diagnostics

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
For announcing the presence or not of shore power. Wired across a 120vac circuit breaker to announce a tripped breaker...

AMAZON FOR TEN LEDs

Yuco
PACK OF 10 YuCo YC-9WRT-1R-120-10 RED 9MM LED INDICATOR MINIATURE PILOT LIGHT 120V AC or DC
Be the first to review this item
Price: $19.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
In Stock.
Want it Tuesday, Nov. 21? Order within 9 hrs 15 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by Industrial OverSupply and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
New (1) from $19.99

• AC power available at shore power relay
  • Generator power available at shore power relay inlet
  • Coach power available at shore/generator switch
  • Connect across 120 volt breaker. Indicates if breaker is shut off or has faulted due to tripping
  • Drill holes, push LED into hole then connect to screws.
3 REPLIES 3

liborko
Explorer
Explorer
The pictured item could be LED type but it could also be the old style neon indicator.
I was recently testing some leds and got a surprise. The meter I use most of the time indicated bad led while I knew it was good. My Fluke 85 had no trouble determining the led was good. It turns out the meter that had trouble only puts out 2.5V in semiconductor test position while Fluke puts out 3.77V in the same position. 2.5V was not enough to turn white led on.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
The former owner of our house scattered those around, both to light up when the switch is off, and to indicate some, so far undiscovered, time getting power ๐Ÿ™‚
-- Chris Bryant

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used to buy 'em by the dozen from a store in Livonia, MI (No longer open to the public) now I buy 'em from All Electronics dot com
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times