Did you mean:ย 

VIDEO: Tour My Friends Farm Irrigation System Parts 1 & 2

A VIDEO Tour Of My Fiend Dave's Farm Irrigation System Part 1

Part 1:
We Look At The Ditch System
And
The Polyethylene Pipe Distribution System
Also The Five Gallon Bucket Flow Control System
Dave claims inspiration from the workings of "Rube Goldberg"!

This is from the return portion of our 3 week late Summer 2017 road trip. Refer to earlier trip reports. It was good being able to visit and use Dave's farm as a homebase during our travels sightseeing in his area near Hoodriver Oregon.

Dave is a truly great childhood friend who has just retired. Dave has appeared in past trip reports. A couple people here on RV.NET have met Dave camping. He's on my mind this morning because he had a large, high grade, small cell, carcinoma, tumor removed from the back of his left leg. Pretty much his whole hamstring in the upper left back of the leg. Fortunately, his team of several surgeons were able to save his sciatic nerve which had become encased by the tumor.

At last update, his wife says he's recovering nicely, waiting for the pathology report to be completed sometime this AM.

Dave is very proud of the retirement he's created and hopefully in time and with God's grace he will be back to his dream retirement soon.

This is perhaps a little more information than necessary for this trip report but it puts things into context of what's going on in this video. It's a labor of love.
I thought it worth sharing.

J&K
5 REPLIES 5

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I like the way Dave regulates the low flow. Here's hoping he has a quick and full recovery so he can get back out there and finish his work.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Tvov wrote:
Good videos! Interesting to see how things work there.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them. It's always interesting to see how things work. 100 years ago this would've been common knowledge, now a vaguerey.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Good videos! Interesting to see how things work there.

VIDEO: A tour of Dave's Irrigation System Part 2 2017

PART 2:
The main irrigation water supply pipe
Pipe motion from expansion and contraction
Pipe welds and the sound of water flow
Water source
Other methods of irrigation water distribution

This is the end of the main
Irrigation Pipe System Tour
Continue if you're interested
In lesser information

At 19:15 begin views of
MT. ADAMS
A Dairy Farm And Cattle
An Actively Working
Mobile Irrigation System
Siberian Husky Sled Dogs

Update on Dave since the original posting.
Dave has been sent home already after his surgery. I don't know if that's good or shocking having had a major surgery and being discharged less than 24 hours since check in. He still has a drain tube and a vacuum tube and he is supposed to measure the fluid collected and report it.
The good news is he kept his leg. They saved his sciatic nerve. He has feeling and motor control in his left leg but there are numb areas. His intermittent 103 degree fever has not reappeared. He has pain but that should subside in a few days. Waiting for a biopsy report on the tumor which will determine if the tumor was dead or not and to eveluate whether the CHEMO is working or needs to be altered. This was his Humpday and hopefully things will be better and easier from here on out. 4 more rounds of CHEMO to go. What a time to be alive!