Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warranty Forever!?!?!?!?!?!?!

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening,

I came across the website for the following dealer in Connecticut.

https://www.longviewrv.com/https://www.longviewrv.com/

Has anyone had any dealing with them? Specifically their "warranty forever" that seems to be offered with new trailers. I attached a picture from the inside of a unit showing the the "ad" for this warranty. I can't seem to find more info on the website and the normally small print, is even smaller in the picture.

This would be a big plus for me and i would think many others. If there's anyone on here who may have experienced the fine print personally, i would love to hear about it.

Thank you
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD
21 REPLIES 21

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
camperforlife wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Buy the camper. Skip the "Lifetime" deal. In 4 years, buy a new camper. You'll save money!

Dutch, don't know if you have seen it yet but Modern is doing the lifetime thing now.

To everyone else Modern Trailer sales is a very reputable dealer whom is offering the lifetime warranty program. Here is a LINK to the details.

From that link..

"Q: Can I perform my own maintenance?

A: No, all service must be performed by a professional repair facility. This is to ensure proper documentation as well as workmanship of all service performed on your RV.

Q: Are the maintenance fees of the program high?

A: The annual maintenance is only $150 at Modern Trailer Sales!"

Please note that IT IS NOT FREE AND IT IS NOT "LIFETIME", it is only good while you PAY an annual "maintenance" FEE.

Not to mention YOU are not ALLOWED to perform your own maintenance and if you were to do so, I suspect they would void your supposed warranty..

It is a MARKETING GIMMICK to get you to buy their product and not a warranty..

$150 a year will buy you a lot of good quality caulk and not to mention the inconvenience AND GAS COST of dragging your trailer to the dealer once a year and losing the use of it for weeks to months at a time..

Some folks are flat out GULLIBLE!

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
The local dealer here offers the same deal, but I've yet spoken with an owner that the "lifetime" honored. After one spends the $150 per year for the dealer to "inspect" the unit (or the warranty is void), they still can't get items repaired.
Just my thoughts on the "deal" and the dealer.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Buy the camper. Skip the "Lifetime" deal. In 4 years, buy a new camper. You'll save money!

Dutch, don't know if you have seen it yet but Modern is doing the lifetime thing now.

To everyone else Modern Trailer sales is a very reputable dealer whom is offering the lifetime warranty program. Here is a LINK to the details.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Swell1 wrote:
This came with My new trailer. If you don't want it simply don't do it. it cost $99.00 for the inspection which includes Inspecting and sealing the roof as needed and inspecting and lubing the axles,hubs,supension and bearings when necessary. I sure wouldn't base buying or not buying from a dealer that offers it. As I said in the beginning, it's up to you to take it in for the inspection if you want to keep it. It cost nothing up to that point.
"inspecting" it you can bet there are going to find something they can charge you for that "needs" attention. Not for me.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Required maintenance by the book will cost more than the repairs.

"Required maintenance" is defined by the warranty company. It could easily state the the entire roof including decking be replaced every 5 years !

Jayco brags about their 2 year warranty, but that doe NOT include any of the appliances, some which have a 90 day warranty before copays kick in.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Swell1 wrote:
This came with My new trailer. If you don't want it simply don't do it. it cost $99.00 for the inspection which includes Inspecting and sealing the roof as needed and inspecting and lubing the axles,hubs,supension and bearings when necessary. I sure wouldn't base buying or not buying from a dealer that offers it. As I said in the beginning, it's up to you to take it in for the inspection if you want to keep it. It cost nothing up to that point.

It ISN'T "free" OR "lifetime" if you MUST pay for a $99 "inspection fee" per year..

If it really is free "lifetime" warranty, ANY AND ALL yearly "inspections" SHOULD BE FREE and ANY AND ALL parts/materials/labor required for any items needing fixed/replaced SHOULD ALSO BE FREE.

That free lifetime warranty is marketing double speak and is a dirty ripoff for unsuspecting buyers who don't know better.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
My experience with these "free" lifetime warranties when offered by car and truck dealers is that the dealer's cost for the warranty is factored into the negotiated price, just not listed as a line item. About 10 years ago some of the same dealers were trying to sell the package separately, often starting as high as $2000 then negotiating down to less than half of that depending on your sales resistance. The "free" lifetime warranty later got combined with "free" lifetime service which, once I bought it, turned out to include only oil changes, and the warranty part of it excluded "wear and tear" items (note that the Longview warranty does not include most of the drive train on motorhomes).

Car dealers today not providing "free" lifetime warranties will often go lower on the sale price.

Thus on RVs you might find the same unit a few hundred dollars cheaper at a dealer that offers no "free" warranty, and in any case you will likely be buying more service, inspections particularly, that you would otherwise.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Since they are THAT kind of dealer, I wouldnโ€™t buy a thing there.

x2 Sleaze bag outfit that I would steer clear of.
Kevin

Swell1
Explorer
Explorer
2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Since they are THAT kind of dealer, I wouldnโ€™t buy a thing there.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
Run, not walk, AWAY.. my opinion.

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new car with a lifetime warranty many years ago. I figured out pretty fast that it would cost me more to meet the warranty conditions than it would be to buy a new car every four or five years. As they say "READ THE FINE PRINT"
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
got it...definitely sounded good....too good
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD