cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anna & Edgar's park in Santa Anna is open

Boise_John
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Anna & Edgar's RV park just before the over pass walk way going south out of Santa Anna. The park is open $ 250.00 pesos per night
Power, water, sewer and wi-fi.
11 REPLIES 11

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
I have been to parties in Canada, where the rifle came out as a tribute to the New Year, this right in town. But neighbours knew the good character of who lived there, and knowing where the shot came from, there was never any problem. I never recall this happening in the area we camped over several winters, 200 km south of PV. In fact, aside from campers that also included visitors to this beach area from Mexico City and Guad, and even Manzanillo, New Years Eve was fairly quiet. There was little to no electricity anywhere near the beach, so the locals were three km away. Even at Santa Anna, where the noise seemed to go on right through the night, with the same loud popping sounds predominating, I can't recall hearing the sound of a rifle, so maybe they were handguns.

Talleyho69
It's exactly the same, maybe worse, in the US on the Fourth of July. The beach we lived on turns, literally, into a war zone. Neighbors pulling other neighbors off of the beach, seeing cars turned over, a drunk check for every vehicle that leaves the beach. Every single one. If you are willing to deal with the delay to get off of the beach, you won't get back on.
Mexico and the US aren't really any different in that respect.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
On the 15th to the 16th of September at midnight Mexicos Independence days as well as on the 31st of December to the 1rst of January there will be 90% fire crackers and the rest will be gunshots fired up, the goverment is trying to stop the gun shots, but drunks will be drunks, best is to stay in doors hopefully with some thing stronger than an RV roof.

navegator

Talleyho69
Unfortunately, we have heard the same everywhere. The worst was Puerto Vallerta.

Probably just as bad in the US if we had been there in the last 30 years!

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Dave: You probably did hear gunshots. It is common on New years eve for a Mexican to take a rifle or piston and fire it up into the air. More than once I have read of people being killed when the bullet either came down or the shooter was a bad shot! It is of course illegal but drunks don't usually follow the rules!

Moisheh

stanbnv
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the Punta Vista RV Park, (the official name of Edgar and Annas) which would be 16 times in the last 12 years, the gates were closed and locked at about sundown. After Annas death last year, I hear that Edgar isn't always there and one of his relatives takes care of the park when he is gone.
Stan & Linda
Hobo the Cat & Loki
06 Dodge 3500 CTD 6 sp Quad Cab Bighorn
2017 Open Range Roamer 316RLS
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

daveB110
Explorer
Explorer
The Park is in the city of Santa Anna, and anywhere such a park is operating, acts as magnet. I can't remember a visit where any gates were closed. It is wide open but for us, it was never a problem, we were one - nighters. Stayed there on a New Years Eve once. Much of the noise sounded like gunshots, although in retrospect, they were most likely firecrackers we were not used to hearing in Canada. Edguardo had a brother who ran a small convenience store in town, drove us down to it one day. They were a wonderful couple, sad that Anna has passed.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Colloardotallman: Actually that advice would apply at any CG. But leaving stuff out in Mexico is never a good idea.

Moisheh

coloradotallman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, and I had my folding chair and ottoman stolen the one night we stayed there last week. They were folded up and underneath the rig behind the back wheel. The reaction in the morning? "You are in Mexico, what were you thinking leaving things out at night?"

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
13 bucks per night,, no wonder some go south ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Talleyho69
It's open year around, and a great place to stop.
Unfortunately, it is now just Edgar's place, Anna passed.