cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Google Chrome embed fix for nuked photobucket images

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried this and it works for me. It may be the answer to the photobucket issue!!
google chrome embedded fix for photobucket pics

This may save all those trip reports and Avion Posts!!!!!
Of course you have to download Google Chrome first.
There's one for Firefox as well.

Well shoot, I see I've been scooped by looking back at the Avion posts. I'll leave this up in case others haven't seen that updated thread.
23 REPLIES 23

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
finaddict wrote:
I will leave my account as is for the opportunity for people to see what I have done in the past, but I will never load another photo onto that aberration of a site. Bombarded with ads to the point where you cannot work with it anymore.

really pathetic.

AS far as I know nobody can see your pictures with any of the fixes as of today.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer
I will leave my account as is for the opportunity for people to see what I have done in the past, but I will never load another photo onto that aberration of a site. Bombarded with ads to the point where you cannot work with it anymore.

really pathetic.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Up until a few weeks ago you could download your entire album(s) as a zipped filed to your computer, P/B has taken that down also. Likely in response to the number of folks downloading their pics. Now its downloading one picture at a time-

I wish I could see the point though of folks simply deleting accounts-like that'll teach p/b. When all its doing is removing any means to view pictures by others- IE the google 'fix' and other workarounds, as temporary as it may be, wont work if pictures deleted.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
So how do you import it back to your PC?...I can't figure it out..But the extension actually works for me now in Chrome.

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up spending hours , putting up with the 1000's of ads to remove every picture. I am no fan of photobucket anymore.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

Bedlam
If you plan to make money off your photos, watermark them. If you share them, you will lose control but at least you can point to the watermark showing it is your work.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
deleted
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
And it will get harder to keep control of your images as animals get involved. Oh geez, good thing Noah didn't have a digital camera.
Selfie Monkey Settlement

And this stuff
You can't take pics of Eiffel Tower at night

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Photomike wrote:
A hard drive is $100 and then you have control of your own images and no change of terms will effect you..... as long as you are not using Photoshop CC, but that is another conversation :B

Once you upload your photos to any one of these services, you do not really have control of your own images - you now have joint ownership. Keeping a copy on your hard drive, at least you have access to your own copy. If you host them on your own site, or on one of the rare sites that do not take ownership, then you might have control.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
NRALIFR wrote:
I have no need to download anything from Photobucket, as I still have all of the pictures on my hard drive. Why would anyone upload pictures to a free account and not keep the original? Why would they think they would always be there? Did anyone actually do that? :R

When PB changed their terms of service I deleted all of my pictures from their site and closed the account. If they donโ€™t want to be an image host for the free accounts any longer, fine. Iโ€™ve moved on, PB is dead to me now.

:):)

I wish you could talk to my students as I am ALWAYS banging my head on the wall when I hear them say "All my images are in the cloud because they are safe there" or the people that think "My pictures are on facebook so they are safe". I know pro photographers that don't keep a back-up in house and it makes me so mad. A hard drive is $100 and then you have control of your own images and no change of terms will effect you..... as long as you are not using Photoshop CC, but that is another conversation :B
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Not exactly, if people would of read the terms of service/EULA at Photobucket that they accepted the terms of when opening their photobucket account, they would know they had given up all rights to any images uploaded. As far as Photobucket is concerned they can sell your images to anyone or use them for any purpose. There is no free lunch.

The terms of service of practically every website in the world has the same terms. Anything you upload it theirs forever. Even on this site, anything you put here (including your address and phone number) is theirs to keep and do with what they wish, forever. That isn't just rv.net, also its parents Camping World and Good Sam.

The worst problem with terms of service (universally) is that they are subject to change at any time without notice - making them effectively meaningless.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I have no need to download anything from Photobucket, as I still have all of the pictures on my hard drive. Why would anyone upload pictures to a free account and not keep the original? Why would they think they would always be there? Did anyone actually do that? :R

When PB changed their terms of service I deleted all of my pictures from their site and closed the account. If they donโ€™t want to be an image host for the free accounts any longer, fine. Iโ€™ve moved on, PB is dead to me now.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:
Now all you people, just do the fix and import all your pics off photobucket and back on your own hard drive before photobucket smacks the site again. They are your pics and you have a right to them!

Not exactly, if people would of read the terms of service/EULA at Photobucket that they accepted the terms of when opening their photobucket account, they would know they had given up all rights to any images uploaded. As far as Photobucket is concerned they can sell your images to anyone or use them for any purpose. There is no free lunch.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Since photos are key content and this site content based, they should carry their own load and not rely on 3rd party hosts. It's like outsourcing your forums to something "free". Nobody running a content site would rely on free things to keep them working. Why this forum does not improve and carry their own content image hosting is beyond me.