cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this the future for Class A's?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
500 miles on a single charge for a fully loaded big rig.
Click Here
56 REPLIES 56

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
With our roof space for solar it seems perfect for a gas/electric hybrid. The large deisel will always be around for those needing the load capacity so targeting that market is foolish but smaller and lighter can profit from greater efficiency.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
John & Angela wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
John & Angela wrote:

Holy carp. :). He is planning on having these running by 2020. How long do you plan on living. ๐Ÿ™‚

reminds me, back in about 95 I was chatting with a fellow photo buff at work and he stated that digital would replace film. My response, "Not in my lifetime". ๐Ÿ™‚
In my defense, I hadn't planned on living this long. ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

๐Ÿ™‚

LOL, if I though I would live this long, I would have been a lot nicer to my body.:B
Wildmanbaker

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
John & Angela wrote:

Holy carp. :). He is planning on having these running by 2020. How long do you plan on living. ๐Ÿ™‚

reminds me, back in about 95 I was chatting with a fellow photo buff at work and he stated that digital would replace film. My response, "Not in my lifetime". ๐Ÿ™‚
bumpy

๐Ÿ™‚
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
John & Angela wrote:

bumpy

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Click Here

As a direct answer to your question.....Yes. As a direct answer to your question if you keep our lifetime in your consideration....No.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Click Here

As a direct answer to your question.....Yes. As a direct answer to your question if you keep our lifetime in your consideration....No.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I remember seeing a movie about 50 years ago with Sal Mineo? shot out in CA and there were a bunch of wind turbines in some of the shots. I would think by now with those suckers using up all that air that everyone in CA would be dipsy by now. on second thought, never mind.
bumpy

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
sounds like a lot of hot air from greenies to me. when these turbines/etc. use up the air, what fills the void?
bumpy

The void is filled with slower moving air much like a breakwater slows the wave action against the shore.

and this is bad because??? last I saw, the air is constantly changing velocity.
bumpy

Hey, I can assure you that I AM NOT paying for any research. That is for the experts to do. :B

LOL, we may not be experts, but you can bet WE WILL pay for it!
Wildmanbaker

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
sounds like a lot of hot air from greenies to me. when these turbines/etc. use up the air, what fills the void?
bumpy

The void is filled with slower moving air much like a breakwater slows the wave action against the shore.

bumpy

Hey, I can assure you that I AM NOT paying for any research. That is for the experts to do. :B

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

LOL, are forests doing the same thing? A lot of times, it is just people fishing for "FREE" money. Do people know what kind of pollution the manufacturing these batteries cause? The same with solar panels. Oh, by the laws of thermal dynamics go something like this; You are not get more than you put in, and you will never break even. Take solar panels for example, you will never get the energy back out of them, that it took to manufacture them.

Yah. Not a thing. Payback is one to 4 years based on average conditions. Wind is better at 5 to 7 months. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35489.pdf

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

LOL, are forests doing the same thing? A lot of times, it is just people fishing for "FREE" money. Do people know what kind of pollution the manufacturing these batteries cause? The same with solar panels. Oh, by the laws of thermal dynamics go something like this; You are not get more than you put in, and you will never break even. Take solar panels for example, you will never get the energy back out of them, that it took to manufacture them.
Wildmanbaker

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

bumpy

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy