cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

solar

I_B_Camping
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 26ft. 06 forester that has a generator but would like to get a solar battery charger to help the situation any suggestions ?
4 REPLIES 4

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
https://freecampsites.net/adding-solar/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
My solar thtread
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Help with the situation? Solar will do everything you need except AC...even microwave for short times with the right equipment. Determine your energy needs with one of the many calculators on the internet. Then you can determine what batteries are necessary to discharge to only 60-70 percent. Total amp hours of batteries determines how many solar watts you'll need. Basic rule is 1 solar watt per battery amp hour. I'm 240 battery amp hours and 300 solar watts for instance. Then you can select a controller to manage it all.

Last 50 days of camping my little generator was "exercised" once per week but I never needed it for charging...and I love watching local TV news. I like WindyNation solar but others are good too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad