cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper extension of slides?

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Our three MH slides are electric rack and pinion versions. They stop when the inside trim seals with the inside of the coach. By removing the inside trim they can be physically extended a few more inches to uncover the rollers or pads under the slide.

To replace carpeting it would be nice to extend the slide even 2 inches more than normal. Can this be done safely without external rolling support outside the coach?
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty
4 REPLIES 4

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
you only have so much rail on the wall you can run it right off the rail and to the ground

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Some electric slides you can remove the inside flanges and hyper extend the room. You MUST! support the room to keep it from falling over. Most of the time you can install wood braces from the bottom of the room to the heavy steel racks that drive the room out. The room sits on the racks via the wood blocks. You are only going out even with the hole cut out, no more. But, as the other poster stated, you do not have to remove a slide room to replace the flooring. Doug

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
all the coaches I put new flooring in, I NEVER do that
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea but my gut reaction is that I would have some kind of additional support if I was doing that. why not?
bumpy