cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic Leveler Removal

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 39' DP with a Dewald leveling system. The other day while retracting the levelers I noticed the passenger rear was leaking quite badly. So I was looking at taking the leveler out and resealing it instead of replacing it. Looking at the control valves it looks like each leveler is independent of each other. So I was thinking I could just support the passenger rear with my 20 ton jack and remove the one leveler instead of retracting all of the levelers and raising the RV with the airbags. Any one have thoughts or knowledge of removing the leveler in this fashion.
Thanks
jim,
5 REPLIES 5

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to check and see what they look like if I looses one of the lines, with a jack in place. I can get to the line without getting under the RV. It makes sense about controlled as pairs as they do seem to move together most of the time.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's doable but you'll have to somehow disable the solenoid(s) for the one jack or seal it in such a way as to hold at least 3000 psi. The jacks may have independent feeds but are normally controlled in pairs.

I used to do the bottle jack and jack stand shuffle. Lasted a year before I decided I liked relaxing at the camp site rather than crawling under the coach.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Am I missing something here ??

Raise the jacks; that puts the tires on the ground and takes all the weight off the jack and raises them a few inches off the ground.

Do whatever you need to do with the leaking jack.

I just had one done. My RV service center removed it and sent it out for a "rebuild".
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Usually there's a tech guide on how to do the job safely. If I were you, I'd research how the manufacturer suggests you go about it.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
After you jack up the corner with your 20 ton jack, please get some timbers or a jack stand under the coach. It's always sad when a member gets hurt or killed. Then there's all the bickering when your relatives have to divide up your estate. GRIN

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson