cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$12,000 to replace flooring??

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Went into a recommended shop to start the conversation of remodeling our Monaco Dynasty 2001. Just ballpark talk right now.
Said the flooring front to back (40') with 2 slides is in $12-15, 000 range because slides have to come out!?
Wow, that was quite the shock, I guess flooring isn't in the picture!
So 4 slide folks look at $20,000?

Anyone done this?
27 REPLIES 27

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
gutfelt wrote:
erniee wrote:
come see me-I have July openings next year
the slides NEVER have to be removed- those guys just wanted your money

don't say never because the tiled floor on mine goes under the slide
the slide may not be removed but certainly raised up somehow to allow a ceramic cutter to cut a defined hidden border for new floor to butt against

I'm gonna state the obvious....if the border is HIDDEN, why not just leave it and butt your new flooring up to it instead of replacing it also?

iam sure where theres a will theres a way

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
gutfelt wrote:
erniee wrote:

the slide may not be removed but certainly raised up somehow to allow a ceramic cutter to cut a defined hidden border for new floor to butt against

I'm gonna state the obvious....if the border is HIDDEN, why not just leave it and butt your new flooring up to it instead of replacing it also?

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
gutfelt wrote:
erniee wrote:

what coach do you have?
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
erniee wrote:

erniee
Explorer
Explorer
Ernie Ekberg, Prevost Liberty XL Classic

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If that's the case then a trip to TX to visit with Ernie would save him a lot of money. He does carpet or engineered hardwood at a reasonable price and has better quality than most any installation I have seen.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Your Dynasty likely had VERY expensive flooring when it left the factory so if it was your desire to replace the flooring with the same type of flooring I believe that you got a reasonable offer. That is some really expensive flooring (likely polished Granite or Marble) but not ceramic tile.
If you are not stuck with this same flooring, Ernie could remove all of this and install high quality engineered wood flooring for somewhere in the $3,000-$5,000 range. His work is top notch but requires an appointment many months out. He's that good!

Their Dynasty is a 2001. They didn't put expensive flooring in those. We had our 2008 Dynasty built in 2007 and our expensive flooring was ceramic tile which was the 'new rage' then. Carpet was the normal installation.

Maybe the Monaco Signature or Executive would have offered a more expensive flooring in 2001.

Safe travels.
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, thank you all. We are not looking to replace it with anything fancy or expensive.
I give kudos to those of you that did it yourselves. I imagine getting the flooring to line up height-wise, with the slide coming in must be tricky.
We did go in just to talk and without RV so this was an estimate totally blind on his part.
Thank you for your insight.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
BUB, Boston blackie? Wow! You remember those movies!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BUB1988
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same as boston blacky except we went to lumber liquidators.
Our RV is 39' with two slides, only one has carpet. We did the work ourselves over a weekend. We went with a vinyl planking that looks like stone. Cost was just over $1,000. We later replaced the carpet on the slide for about $200.00 including new pad.

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Several yrs. ago I, myself and 'moi' purchased flooring for my 11 yr. old RV at Home Depot. One week later - old flooring was removed and replacemtment installed. Looked good so - then I ripped out old sideout carpet(s) 1 large and 1 very large and all alone installed new replacments. Total costs approx. $2,000 plus a little sweat, blood and tears. Lots of video clips on youtube helped, as well.
p.s. Be patient and clean up as you go. Good luck. bb
BOSTON BLK

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nancy, if you decide to have your slides removed, please let me know. Never witnessed that..for any reason related to flooring.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your Dynasty likely had VERY expensive flooring when it left the factory so if it was your desire to replace the flooring with the same type of flooring I believe that you got a reasonable offer. That is some really expensive flooring (likely polished Granite or Marble) but not ceramic tile.
If you are not stuck with this same flooring, Ernie could remove all of this and install high quality engineered wood flooring for somewhere in the $3,000-$5,000 range. His work is top notch but requires an appointment many months out. He's that good!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
We have tile in the kitchen area that would be under the slide. Carpet in living room with a sofa on the slide elevated area. Carpet in bedroom that the slide comes in on top of...
Yes will call others but it was a shock.