cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poop water is everywhere

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing a couple of days ago.

DW and I went camping for several days and came back over the weekend. There was no sewer dump where we went. I have a macerator and a 100-foot line so I can dump my tanks into my septic, so that wasn't a problem.

We unloaded Monday and Tuesday was time for the M/H cleanup, which included dumping the tanks. Everything was all hooked up. I had a hundred foot of hose laid out from the M/H through the fence to the cleanout on the back patio. I stuffed about 5 foot of hose down the septic line and I'm ready to go. It works so well. It's never messy and there's very little to clean up afterward,,, or so I thought.

The tanks are pretty full and it was going to take a little while to empty them. Of course, I always dump the black tank first. After I turned the pump on, I was putting a few things away and I walk beside the house and the sewer odor over there was horrible. I'm thinking the wind caught everything just right and was blowing the stink over to that side of the house. I walk that way again a couple of minutes later, it's getting worse and the odor is now spreading all over my land. What the heck, there shouldn't be that much odor but it is what it is and it'll dissipate shortly when I close up everything. It will only take another 10 minutes or so.

Here comes the grind. I've got a Boxer that's two or three years old and is very playful and mischievous. Murphy is his name and it's fitting (Murphy's law). If anyone has ever had a Boxer, you know what I'm talking about. He's in the backyard and he's grunting and barking acting like a complete moron, so I'm yelling at him to shut up. That doesn't do any good so I walk back there and what do I see. YUP, that dumb a$$ dog has got the macerator hose pulled out of the septic clean out and it's in his mouth. He's running around playing, all the while, brown water is shooting all over the place. I start yelling at him to drop it and of course, he thinks that means LETS PLAY. So here he is, running around me, growling, romping and jumping with the sewer hose spewing everywhere including on himself. My pants legs and shoes are getting soaked. I'm screaming at the dog to stop while I'm chasing him around in a circle wading in a half inch of poop water on the patio. Well, it didn't take me long to figure out, he's not stopping and he's not letting go of the hose and the macerator is pumping away and it isn't going to stop either. I run to the M/H to shut the pump off. At least, it's not spewing anymore but there are 15 or 20 gallons of poop water standing on the back patio.

After I calmed down, I'm trying to assess the situation and figure out now what. I'll take things in order. Wash the dog IN COLD WATER (a little revenge here). I have to do that in the front yard since there's no place in the back to stand without making a bigger mess. Of course, this stupid a$$ dog is enjoying it and does the shimmy shake as soon as I get him wet so he's slinging a mist of poop water all over me. After a 20 minute bath, I get him in the house to dry off and I tackle the poop lake on the patio. Three gallons of bleach, a power washer and an hour of time things are back to normal,,, if there is such a thing. I finally start over and finish dumping the tanks. With the dog in the house, it works just like it should have done to start with.

Lesson learned: Don't dump the tanks at home using the macerator with Murphy outside.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
40 REPLIES 40

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, but, ROTFLMAO!!!:B:B:B:B:B:B:B:B

This one is definitely, Copy/Paste/print ๐Ÿ˜„
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Tax_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a macerator. So you can guess. Been there done that.. Can laugh now. Good thing the wife did not have a camera. Bought a new hose with better connectors.
Traveling around with the wife and fur kid.
Keep on Truckin (It's a 70s thing)
2022 HR Vacationer 35K (Ford Chassis)
2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 (Toad)

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
That is a GREAT story. One of the best I have heard........................AWESOME!!!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it brought a smile to your face. I know, things can always be worse than what I face each day.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

StuckinTracy
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to say thanks again. Today had a really rough start for me so I went back and read this again. Now my day doesn't seem so bad.
10 Rally's and counting...

Mike (me-pilot)
Gail ("I'M THE BOSS"-navigator)

Stuck in a tent but looking

Good Sam Life members
FMCA 370826

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
You need to change your handle to

Cousin Eddie

Thanks for the laugh.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
This has to be the best, most enjoyable post I have seen on this forum yet. My wife and I are still laughing! Thanks for the entertainment!!!
Ed
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Poop happens. ๐Ÿ˜„
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbor had a boxer. I can identify with this story.

Your story had me in stitches!

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Lesson learned: Don't dump the tanks at home using the macerator with Murphy outside.

Lesson learned, never put a black water dump on autopilot and walk away?

As the grandparent of a Boxer, that has lived with us on several occasions while our daughter doing internships or most recently field research for her master's degree, I am amused by the antics of Murphy.

Miley (daughter's dog) was skunked while in our care. One spray wasn't enough...she kept going back for more. Thought the skunk was funniest animal she had ever met.
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's awesome!!

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
You know (of course) if you had video, no body would believe it....
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Funny story good you can laugh about it

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
MURPHY! You dumb sumbitch! :):):)