cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing an Arctic Fox

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone out there want to share what good price is for an Arctic Fox I am looking at the 32a and no one so far wants to deal its there price or hit the road I have used the average 30 -35% off MSRP and they aren't there. They are at 15% am I missing something.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD
36 REPLIES 36

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Just find one and try to negotiate downward. Mine is a 2006 31W and I wouldn't sell it for 19K.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The demand is there. They do not get discounted like other brands.
I had a Nash that I bought used for $11,000 cash during the recession.
I sold it 9 years later for $9,800.

Ltrip
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the process of ordering a new 25Y from the dealer in Colfax, CA. Sierra RV Center. For units on the lot, they have a discounted price on display. About 10% off MSRP. For units "on the way", they offered a bigger discount up front. When asked about ordering one, they said the discount still applies. Greater than 15%.
Cheers
Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2018 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate CC SB 4X4 diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2019 BMW R1250RT

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Northwood can't meet the time line I need so I will probably buy a Grand Design Reflection 315 rlts or maybe a 297rsts its a little shorter by 4'

I wonder are there any real big issues towing a 38' trailer other than long.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with your GD. If I had to get something besides another Northwood or Outdoors product it would probably be a GD.

bailer6334
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Grand Design Forum. You will find plenty of problems with GD trailers. Also keep in mind Lippert supplies the frame and axles which have had problems. As a prior owner of 2 AF 5ers I would pick Northwood products over Grand Design any time. With the problems I am having/had with Lippert systems, I would not buy a GD product ever again.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
Equalizer 4 Point WDH

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
RVJimofOregon wrote:
donn0128 wrote:
Contact both Apache camping center in Portland and Thunder RV in Lagrande. When I bought my Fox years ago they both were dealing.

Thunder I think is good Aphahe service is ????????
Thunder was a bit of an A**hole didn't like me countering there offer, I live in Colorado so service is needed by Apache.They also did not like the counter.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Contact both Apache camping center in Portland and Thunder RV in Lagrande. When I bought my Fox years ago they both were dealing.

Thunder I think is good Aphahe service is ????????
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,โ€œIt was loaned to you by your childrenโ€
Indian proverb

Jasp2
Explorer
Explorer
Colo Native wrote:
Jasp2 wrote:
I contacted the manufacturer prior to ordering in Oct 2017 and their response to me was "Looking at current orders and production I would guess a build date for the 32A around February/March of 2018."

There is a 32A 2018 at Mike Jones in Ohio.

Last one I got from the dealer was May or June. I can get a Grand Design for 10K+ less than a Arctic Fox and I have to have this by Late May. The one in Ohio is sold.

If I were you I would ask Northwood directly. You can send a message through their Facebook page. They have always answered pretty fast through messenger.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Jasp2 wrote:
I contacted the manufacturer prior to ordering in Oct 2017 and their response to me was "Looking at current orders and production I would guess a build date for the 32A around February/March of 2018."

Last one I got from the dealer was May or June. I can get a Grand Design for 10K+ less than a Arctic Fox and I have to have this by Late May. The one in Ohio is sold.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

Jasp2
Explorer
Explorer

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
Consider a used one. I had a Nash which was great but too heavy.

There aren't any used 32A's out there
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consider a used one. I had a Nash which was great but too heavy.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Well it looks like I will be ordering a Grand Design Reflection 315 TT because I can't get a good price for me and they won't be built until May or June and I need it before that.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
Retired DFD