Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

comcast

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy
I have a 2104 Jayco. It has the same config. for cable that they always have had.
That being a single gang box with 2 male coax connectors in the plate. Then another box with the thingy that looks like a cigarette lighter hole and a button to engage the amp for the antenna and another male coax connector in the plate.
All I want to do is hook up a Comcast TV box. It needs on cable for the TV and one from the cable sat connection on the trailer. I think I've done every way possible but to no avail. Called their tech and he had no clue as to what a TT even was. Called my Jayco and they didn't help.
Don't say "continuity tester" as I left that at home.
Some one besides me has a Jayco.

TIA
Tomman
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.
9 REPLIES 9

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Finally fixed. I got comcast. They give you a box. I hooked it up and no matter what I did it wouldn't work.

Comcast came out and the problem was in the remote control. It was their problem.
Thanks for your interest
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the park is already Comcast why do you need a box? Hook it straight to the Sat connector if you have one and roll on. Antenna amp will be out of the loop and won't matter if on or off if like our 5er.
Please identify the box you are attempting to use.
Puma 30RKSS

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
If you believe you can simply take that Comcast Cable box and use it wherever there is a Comcast feed, you are mistaken.

tomman58 wrote:
I see this isn't going to my thinking.
I've had the tV hooked to the parks ( many parks) cable and all is well

BUT
Now I have a comcast cable box from Comcast and the wiring is such that I have not correctly hooked it up no matter what I do.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
tell us what comcast cable box you have and where you got it. a comcast cable box must be authorized for the system it is currently being used on buy them. if you did not get it from the park your at or the local comcast office it will not work. are you trying to use a coax cable conection to the tv and tuning the tv to channel 3 or are you using a hdmi or rca cable from the box to the tv. are you getting a picture from the box and it says no signal or what. we need this info to help.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I see this isn't going to my thinking.
I've had the tV hooked to the parks ( many parks) cable and all is well

BUT
Now I have a comcast cable box from Comcast and the wiring is such that I have not correctly hooked it up no matter what I do.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my trailer, many years ago when it was new, our cable hookup did not work either. Turned out to be the coax was not installed correctly at the input from the outside of the trailer. Took the cable hookup off, and found the wire pulled out. Reinstalled it correctly and it has been working fine for the past 13 years. ๐Ÿ™‚

I would check yours at that location plus the other things mentioned already. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a park cable box? If so, like I said run a coax directly from the park outlet to the back of the box. If that works then you know the problem is internal. If it does not work, then you know the problem is either a dead,box or park connection.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Run the cable from the outside connedtion directly to the back of the cable box. It is quite possible that your box is not comparible with the parks service provider.

No the entire park is wired by comcast. The problem is hooking it to my Jayco config.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Run the cable from the outside connedtion directly to the back of the cable box. It is quite possible that your box is not comparible with the parks service provider.