cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recliners

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I need sitting space way more than a bed or dinette. (I sleep well in a recliner)

My question is will a recliner go thru these small travel trailer doors?

I know the back is removable, but is the bottom part of the recliner narrow enough to go thru sideways?

I have not measured the door width yet, I will tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer
11 REPLIES 11

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
We used Lazy Boy Pinnacle line of recliners. Wallhuggers that are a bit smaller than the standard recliners.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

TundraTower
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our swivel rockers with recliners this summer. Lazyboy makes a line of recliners that are smaller called Vail. Got a better price on these at a local furniture store than we could find on the official RV furniture. The backs come off pretty much all the Lazyboy recliners, so getting them in the door was very easy.

Don't forget to include the added weight in your thinking. Our trailer has a rear sitting area and the 2 recliners weighed 50 lbs total more than the swivel rockers, so I just shuffled some storage around to restore the tongue weight.
2013 Tundra, 5.7FF, TRD, 4WD, tow pkg
2014 Forest River Cherokee 264
Prodigy II / Equalizer 10K
103 nights & 12,700 miles since April '13

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

w8eh
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our jackknife sofa with a loveseat. Took it all apart and fit it through the door. See the details at this link to my posting.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28773371.cfm

Loveseat install

Ernie
New 2015 Starcraft Launch Ultra Lite 24RLS
2010 Chevy Silverado crew cab /factory tow package
Prodigy brake controller
Good Sam Life Member

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
If took out Jack knife where would dogs sleep???

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Obviously measure but we just swapped out a couple of the tiny swivel chairs with a big dual recliner. Took a little maneuvering but it was a great upgrade.

Just check under what you are moving to make sure there isn't a water tank or similar installation but otherwise, should be easy.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I'll look around for recliners.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I sure like the look of these for just the reasons you are posting about....
Recliner...LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the jackknife couch with 2 la-z-boy recliners... right thru the door by myself.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I not only replaced my overstuffed recliner/rocker chair with a recliner but also replace the stock, uncomfortable couch with a leather, double wall-hugger, recliner sofa from Costco.

Yes, the backs are removable and both the chair and sofa fit through the door although I had to stand the sofa on end to bring it in and the old one out took the chair out on its' side. Both doable with a helper.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you attempt to replace the bed is there stuff under the bed that you will need to deal with? Same question for the dinette. I suspect that with the back removed you should be able to get the base through the door.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT