cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

window trim

Mako_Kupo
Explorer
Explorer
hey guys! the RV is going together this weekend(yay!), and I need to figure out the rest of what I need, at least for now. I have the old style, metal rv windows. I love them and will never replace them, but looking at them, I cannot figure out what type of trim to use to cover the screws after installing. ill lay butyl tape and screw them in, but then I'm not sure what to use over the screws. this is what they look like. I cannot figure out how to shrink them, no matter what dimensions I put in, it shrinks down to something extremely small, or absolutely huge. I've tried on Apple preview, imager editor, and directly on this site. the image stays exactly the same no matter what I do. thank you guys!

a link for normal size
https://imgur.com/a/nN1VM
7 REPLIES 7

Mako_Kupo
Explorer
Explorer
hey so I have old windows because its what it came with, and so many costs came up that I cannot afford new ones this year. next summer or late spring I will be replacing them, most likely. I do love them for some odd reason that I can't put a finger on, but they are absolutely terrible in the winter so I will be plasticing over them, etc. ill totally put big, shiny stainless steel bolts on because the theme inside the motorhome is gong to be stainless steel, white, and beige. going for a retro 50's look, while the outside of the camper will honestly look pretty terrible. thank you guys, keep an eye out this weekend/beginning of the week for pics!

MrWizard
Don't know about old windows
But for many years, at least since 1982
The screws have been on the inside frame, pulling the window together and sealing it up, not exposed to the weather, no sealant needed
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
My 1978 Terry was like that, no trim over the screw heads.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
How about getting some nice stainless steel screws, polishing the heads a bit (I put a buffing wheel in my drill press) and installing them. I think it would have a nice retro look that goes along nicely with your windows.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The mounting screw heads are typically left exposed. If you want to cover them, use a polymer sealant.

My curiosity is why you are keeping the inefficient jalousie windows? There are much better choices in most sizes. FWIW, I replaced my original windows with Low-E vinyl sliders. One of my better choices during restoration.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I had this type of window in my old SHASTA. This isn't mine, but a google look.

There was no trim on the rig I had.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure that there was some sort of trim covering the screws? It would not surprise me in the least if they were simply left exposed.