cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OEM tpms on class A's?

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
We're looking at Tiffin class A gas motorhomes. I forgot to ask our salesperson whether or not new motorhomes come stock with a TPMS? :@

I have a TireTraker system on our present 5th wheel, to which I can add tire sensors for a motorhome, but if I don't have to, I won't.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

4 REPLIES 4

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dill 6-tire Trailer TPMS that uses internal sensors. I like it, but I don't recommend it, zero support, and hard to find to buy.

My point is that internal aftermarket systems are out there. I just wish someone would make a display unit that would use OEM internal sensors, doesn't seem to tough to do.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dill Trailer TPMS that uses internal sensors. I don't recommend it, zero support, and hard to find to buy.

My point is that internal aftermarket systems are out there. I just wish someone would make a display unit that would use OEM internal sensors, doesn't seem to tough to do.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Feds haven't mandated sensors on heavy consumer vehicles, yet. External after market sensors with a remote unit on the dash has workout fine for me over the past couple of years.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
External sensors like your TireTraker system is all that will work. I don't believe any of the chassis manufacturers put sensors in the tires. Don't forget you will need 10 sensors total - six for the MH and four for the toad. We use the EEZ TPMS on our coach and have been very satisfied.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams